• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Inter and Intra vehicular comms.

st8drumz

Looking for suggestions for a comms system for my Deuce and 5 ton for both vehicle intercom (between headsets) as well as communicating via GMRS/MURS, etc., between vehicles. I had looked at the VIC 3 and VIC 5 systems before but wanted to get input from those more versed than I. It had been suggested to me before to look into pilot's intercom headsets. Want to be able to aux line in/bluetooth phone to listen/talk while driving with interrupt options for intercom/radio comms. What suggestions might y'all have for equipment/components/set up, etc? Thank you all in advance!

TR

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've used pilot headsets with a battery powered intercom for years, mainly because I already had them in my flight bag.

In the V100, though, I use the standard Vic-3 intercom and CVC helmets.

I've never tried a bluetooth for phone, but have just stuck a plug-in type earpiece inside the headset and cupped the microphone in my hand. Sorta worked! I could hear fine, but others heard a lot of extraneous noise (in M813 and deuces).

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks