• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interchange Fuel Filter Chart

bomar76

took the GREAT info that Lance (Monster Man) posted from MV mag on filter interchanges and redid it into an .xls (Excel) spreadsheet to make it more userfriendly.
The Primary filter chart is sadly lacking though even on mine for interchanges.
I can't post .xls file here, so if anyone wants a copy email me (bomar76@hotmail.com) and I will send you a copy.
Need more primary filter # to add to the chart, and would happily add air filter and flame heater filter listing to it also.

jatonka

I haven't found any air filter for the M35A2 with multifuel engine that flows 410 CFM except the correct military spec filter by Donaldson # P11-7551. The napa 2837 that I have been told to use, only flows 265 CFM. This was brought to my attention by the real deuce doctor, Mr. RAM

bomar76

I emailed Baldwin and asked them the flow rate of their interchange filter PA1620 to see how it rates.
Will post answers when I hear back.

bomar76

I emailed Wix and asked them the flow rate on the 2 filters that list as interchange, the 42851 and 42837
The normal application for these filters is smaller displacement engine.

bomar76

I got a response from Baldwin on their interchange filter.
The PA1620 has a flow rate of 306.744 CFM @ 6" H2O.
That would make it unsutable for the LDT465, as it has been stated a filter flow rate of 410CFM.

bomar76

Westech said:
hey kids wix number..... 42837 works great no problems and it has a nice rubber gasket seal on both ends of the filter.
NIX the WIX 42851!!! ...the filter shown as a direct interchange.
I got this response from my inquiry for flow rate:

330 CFM!!!

DO NOT use it!!!!!!!!

They didn't respond to my inquiry about the 42851.

Will ask again.

Opie

I'm confused by the follow-up I got from WIX regarding the 42851 and 42837 filters:

Our 42851 is rated at 330 cfm with minimal restriction. It will certainly flow 410 cfm with just a slight increase in initial restriction. Thank you for your inquiry.

The 42837 has the same flow characteristics and abilities as our 42851.

Chris Greeson, Senior Technical Service Manager

I get that they don't rate at 410 CFM, but what do they mean about "It will certainly flow 410 cfm with just a slight increase in initial restriction." ??

bomar76

It means that it is not the correct filter and they are trying to dodge the question just to sell you filters.
It could flow 10,000 CFM if restriction wasn't an issue.
It is.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Crap! I've been running the wix for a few years now. Mabye i can get more power with a filter with less restriction. Does anyone know of a K&N filter that will fit? Mabye we could stack 2 or 3 to fit in the housing. Is this flow rating as new or when clogged? My filter indicator will show the restriction when the filter gets dirty. Mabye i need a new indicator also?

bomar76

DON"T rely on the restriction meter to show you anything.

The ONLY air filter I have found that meets the milspec is the actual military one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks