• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Intercom/CB radio guys

CanonNinja

Well, not much in search, but think I found what I was looking for. At the suggestion of another member, and "easier" answer is to look into aircraft intercom systems. The one I believe I'm going with is the Sigtronics SPA-4S, stereo headsets w/audio inputs and voice-activated PTT. Question is, how to get this wired into a CB radio system. Has anyone done it yet? I'm going to be going with an off-the-shelf Cobra or Uniden radio I'm sure, but I have no idea how to get the Sigtronics (or any intercom for that matter) piped into the CB. Any help would be awesome. 8)

Jimmy

What are you putting it in? I don't know if this would help but there is a good article in December 2004 MV Magazine that details how to connect CB with intercom and CD player by Bjorn using a AN/VIC-1 intercom system.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The article said how to connect the CB for monitoring. If you want to talk on it, you may wish to see the thread for the hookup and the adapter box that seems to work for me, although I have modified it since then due to a squeal when keying the CB. I have a VIC-4 and have not tested for this with a VIC-1. Supposedly very similar but there are differences.

dma251

I use Flightcom, and I know that they will work with a CB. Check their website for schematics. I think I saw some on there.

My Flightcom iNova unit came with the two plugs for the 2-way radio hanging out the side of it. I had to open it up and remove them, as they have no use to me.

Also, make sure what you get is a full-duplex intercom. If you haven't seem it, there are some pics of my setup on the tail end of this thread - http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index....opic&t=8361&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I picked up a Flightcom IIsx, and SR-4 jack doubler. I am very interested in adapting a CB to work for my setup too. More practical for me though would be a cell phone adapter. I still have to find headsets to use though.

dma251

Call Flightcom at 503-684-8229 and they can get you hooked up.

It shouldn't be any big deal - the plugs coming out of the intercom are the headphones and microphone. So you just need to adapt a plug for the speaker on the cb and a plug for the microphone, then put a push-to-talk button on the mic. Flightcom would probably have ell the parts available.

I can't tell you how nice the flightcom stuff is.

Flyingvan911

I got a used Flightcom 403mc off of e-bay for less then half price. I plan to put a harness on it to connect into my Icom 706 ham radio via the mic jack. I am also going to make an easy-to-remove PTT button for the gearshift so I can talk while I shift. I like your avatar pic, tx! "Well, he used to be a twin."

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks