• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interest 2.5 ton to 5 ton wheel adapters

Nope, haven't even started them. I've been working on must haves to get the truck safe for the road and registered.

My brother and I plan on working on getting his machine shop set up so we can start working on those Winter projects. I still need to put in a rebuilt T-case to replace mine, but waiting for a warm weekend (I found a bearing spacer that was turned into modern art on my magnetic drain plug when changing all the fluids, so I bought a surplus rebuilt one to trade out.)

When I start on the spacer, I will take as many pictures as I can to show our work, but I plan on cloning the one in the pictures.

I also have all the parts to put a military AC unit which is nice to have in Texas during the summer. I also picked up some MEP 002As, so the adapters may get bumped to spring.

On the positive side, I bought a Tire constrictor that will allow me to install my run flats and remount my bigger tires that I plan to use with the adapters so everything is moving forward, just very slow.
Wow - sounds like you have your hands full! Let me know if/when you make any progress on the adapter plates.

I've asked a friend who runs a local metal fabricating business if he could make plates similar to these for me at a decent cost. Waiting for him to get back to me.

Really want to figure out a cost effective way to run the LMTV wheels and tires I got on my deuce. :driver:

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike929 any news on the adapters ?
My brother is the machinist in the family and he is working 70-80 hour weeks so everything is on hold until his work schedule goes back to normal.

Also found out one of my 395 tires that i purchased has a large hole in the sidewall. The mysterious hole seems to have the same size and shape of a GL fork lift, and the flap created by the damage was folded out when they backed the fork lift, I mean when it was restacked on the pallet. :)

I would guess that this project will be down the road a ways. I have a backlog of projects that require his help, so I'm stuck.

C&C Equipment was pimping out some new CNC equipment they have. I was a little curious what it would cost to have them reproduce the adapters. Cost for setting up the machine for just one set would be pretty high, but if there was a demand, they could probably make some money and charge a reasonable price.

treeguy

Did you guys figure out which adapter design to go with? Are you using HEMTT wheels or FMTV's? Plates for either of these I believe would be identical except for the number of bolt holes. I'm trying to figure out how to help you guys out with this but my time is limited. Did you see the "Official Deuce Aftermarket Wheel Thread", not trying to toot my own horn but wondering if you saw the option I went with. Half inch A36 plate is used, it wouldn't be hard for a shop to mill but it is time consuming. The other thing is, you'll still have a lot of complicated work ahead of your once you receive the finished plates. You have to cut out the centers of the wheels, center the plates to them checking for radial runout, tack weld them together in this position and assemble the tires and wheels.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The plan was to make a plate that converted the 6 lug deuce to a 10 lug via 1.5" plate. Then you could bolt any 10 lug wheel that has the same pattern onto the axle.

Problem is time, I don't have any and neither does my brother (who is the skilled labor in this equation. :) )

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks