• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interest in North East Ohio Winter Convoy

Danger Ranger

You gotta give us a warning before you go! Maayybe next week, I am not sure yet? I heard there was an accident with some guys bus or something, I had friends on board.

Looks like you had fun, trail rides anyone?

ohfiredude

Alright guys where were you I was there in my M52A2 splashing through some mud climbed all the hills and I think I was the only military truck there with the exception of one or two cucvs. :x

But I had fun and my wife got some video of me. :driver: rofl

Caution!!! it's really loud at first because shes standing near the big speakers.

sorry it won't post, so here's the YouTube link YouTube - ‪M52A2‬‏

Friday night at Yankee Lake. 5/27/11

NOW I HAVE TO CLEAN IT!!! :doh: it might be in a parade tomorrow.
Donttreadonmebmg

Nice truck! I'd like to check it out sometime, or even go for a ride in it at Yankee Lake. OFD

donttreadonmebmg

it cost me $15.00 at the car wash and I only got the top side cleaned up.

Well I did the parade thing yesterday. :driver: It was fun and I was invited back and many people thanked me for bringing it out.

Oh and at the end of the parade we stop at a cemetery and have a short ceremony to honor the military. which is all good except someone parked a in a low spot and sank. they tried to push it out but that didn't work, lucky I still had the chain on my truck from Friday night and I was able to ever so gently pull him out. he was very thankful. all in all it was a good day! :jumpin:

unispeed

is there a time
convoy style?????????????
who else is in?

Yankee lake
admin fee? per truck? per person?
do i have to get muddy??
bring chairs?
BYOB? cooler?
bring lot's of money?

Rainman

Cuyahoga Falls checkin in. M151A2 with no heat so winter is hibernation time for me. The Falls has a downtown cruise-in on Monday nights and July 4th is military vehicle night. This past week we had a few hundred cars, a pair of 151's and an M998 on display. It'd be good to see more of the local OD talent show up for the MV night.
Rainman

Danger Ranger

YANKEE LAKE INFO:
$10 admission for participants (per truck and driver)
$5 admission for spectators
$5 pit pass for spectators (allows you in the pits)
This is per person.

Bring a couple chairs if you want to sit by the truck. No you don't have to get muddy, but if you drive down into the mud pits it will. Parking in the pit parking area is ok.[thumbzup]

I like to be there at 6, that when things just start to get rollin, but 7 is still good. They go til midnight

No coolers. They sell beer by the case if you want, I am too young to drink and don't so I don't know.

Money is good for food, which get expensive, its like a county fair sort of. Money is also good for a tow home when your truck breaks, lol.:roll:

Yankee is the place for ANYTHING with 4 (or more) wheels and a transfer case!!!

Heres the site: Truck Night at Yankee Lake - Mud Bogging 4x4 Event & 4x4 DVD

Watch some movies and look at past pics. Read the rules (not very many strict ones). They will be glad to have you.

I will be there this week though I don't have a truck, so my only rule for you is to get me a ride hehe!!!

Last edited:

donttreadonmebmg

Why are you going and are you bringing a MV?:jumpin:

I might go. I wouldn't mind trying my luck at the tug-o-truck competition. It'll be dry down there tonight, not much rain this past week.roflStill lots of fun though. maybe hit the trails.

donttreadonmebmg

So I got off to a late start but I was there! till about 2230 and again I seen no one at least no one came up to me. I did pull some guy out well four really and he was so happy! he gave me $10.00. LOL well that will pay for the little petcock valve I broke off the water separator when I backed up the huge rock pile. :grd:
Again it was fun but I won't be going back for quite some time. I'll be too busy. :-(

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I got off to a late start but I was there! till about 2230 and again I seen no one at least no one came up to me. I did pull some guy out well four really and he was so happy! he gave me $10.00. LOL well that will pay for the little petcock valve I broke off the water separator when I backed up the huge rock pile. :grd:
Again it was fun but I won't be going back for quite some time. I'll be too busy. :-(

There were MV's there last Saturday. Some people just like going to the second day when they have weekend events. One guy had his deuce so stuck, they had to pull him out with a dozer.

Photo link to Mud Stock 2011 at Yankee Lake May 27-28, 2011.
MV content included.

Photos - My Mud Life Magazine

Attachments

Last edited:

Capriceii

Sorry, Every one who planned on coming out with me backed out.. Gotta have a trip buddy. Just in case so I can get home if something does happen.

Will see how next week turns out.

Danger Ranger

I SAW YOU.......but unfortunately I only saw you pulling the guy out, and then leaving. (where did you disappear to in between?????) Next time I will catch you.

Capriceii: PM next time, or post, I am in Mantua, and would gladly help. I could get you home, but the truck I am not so sure about...
sending # now...

donttreadonmebmg

That was probably when I went down the trail after I dropped off the guy in the parking lot. I did pull out two trucks that night all the way to the lot. at the end I broke the petcock off the water separator then I plugged it and walked around for a bit, then I drove home. :roll:

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A May 28th Yankee Lake video with the MV content starting about the 6 minute mark. You might notice the parked bobb'd deuce, (he was from north of the Pittsburgh area), about the 4:27 mark. He played and got muddy later.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJmQisSClfI[/media]

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks