• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interesting aluminum rim?

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got these rims today and don't know what their for. They are not normal mrap rims, the stud hole have tapers for centering on the nuts, and not centered on the hub like a normal mrap. One of the stud holes is larger in diameter and is drilled to the ctis valve. Hole diameter is the same as a normal steel rim. Any thoughts, and can I make it work on my truck? Lol. Probably not but would be cool.
IMG_0952.jpgIMG_0953.jpgIMG_0954.jpgIMG_0969.jpg

And an mrap rap and a steel

IMG_0956.jpgIMG_0966.jpg

coachgeo

Are they still 20" rims? I'de love to find 22" rims that would work. Then find equivalent to our's in size but in Over the road Mud/snow Truckers tire to fit them. Should net way better highway wear for an Expedition Rig.

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Funny you should post those pictures of the aluminum wheels. Two days ago I found a full set of the same wheels and was wondering the same thing. To make the CTIS work a cross hole would need to be drilled in the large stud an O-ring is used behind the wheel to make the seal between the wheel and the drum, a sealing nut on the outside would need to be used BUT what would make the seal between the drum and the hub?????

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or tap and plug the the current hole. The drill and tap from the face side into the passage. Then use the old banjo setup and some stainless tubing and some jic fittings. I think it could work.

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is another option. I do like how the CTIS is protected though and it would be nice to not have it coming off the end of the stud. If you don't mind what did you pay for the wheels?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
If the hole can be lined up with the Lmtv ctis hub stud, you could drill a hole basically lining up with the one in the rim. Just o ring the top and bottom and plug the center of the stuf with a short bolt.

scottmandu

The NSN ending in 5909 isn't in the parts TM for the A1P2, and that truck doesn't use a CTIS like that. Some HEMTT's had the same wheel bolt pattern as the LMTV and so do some 5 ton trucks.

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't figure it out? Went through the PS magazine that list tires and wheels for most vehicles and it wasn't on there. Searched the nsn, and a end use came up as M1083A1P2 but others said it's not for them. When I get back to the office I will search fedlog and see what pops up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks