• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interesting find for M880 owners.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang, that sucks. I don't think I would even visit CA for fear of imprisonment. What I would do is set aside time each available day to go to DMV and waste their time. I'm retired, I can play their game.

You don't even want to know what it's like to get tags in a rural town in N GA. Usually a text ahead of time and stuff is waiting. If I do have to wait, I lose 5 minutes of my life. Just renewed all my dailys, 2 trucks, one SUV and 2 trailers. Set me back $88.88. I am still pinching myself.

Jones

Dang, that sucks. I don't think I would even visit CA for fear of imprisonment. What I would do is set aside time each available day to go to DMV and waste their time. I'm retired, I can play their game.

You don't even want to know what it's like to get tags in a rural town in N GA. Usually a text ahead of time and stuff is waiting. If I do have to wait, I lose 5 minutes of my life. Just renewed all my dailys, 2 trucks, one SUV and 2 trailers. Set me back $88.88. I am still pinching myself.
Your first idea is worth considering until you realize that they tag team you. When you wear one down to the point of giving in, that clerk is replaced by another fresh from the bull pen.

Recovery, your second paragraph is just being mean. Out here, $88.88 wouldn't even pay for one session of post DMV trauma counseling.

nattieleather

Have you tried going to a different DMV office in another town? Go with hat in hand and a smile on your face and in a nice soft voice say "yes ma'am (or sir) I need your help" and see if you can get a sympathetic person to fix your problem? I understand that the California DMV is the "hold my beer" DMV when it comes to red tape and screwing with someone.

Jones

Yeah, we're quite the trend setter: Highest gas prices in the nation, most restrictive gun laws, most contentious drivers on the road, a DMV whose employees are given a manual and told to "figure out solutions", resulting in overcharging of fees and excessive forms required.
California is the home of the 49 and 1 Rule; 49 states don't care but here....

Good suggestion, nattieleather. I actually live in another county but work here hence Sacramento DMV being closest.
I mentioned that I had found a source for the emissions decal only to be told that I'd need a signed letter, NOT an email, on Chrysler Corporation letterhead stationary stating that the decal is authentic. Exhuming Lee Iacocca for his signature is scheduled for next week.

No to suggestions that I drag the truck down to the DMV parking lot and set fire to it in protest. Knowing my luck, I'd end up with a burned out hulk I still couldn't scrap (because it's not registered to me)-- AND a ticket from Cal. Air Resources Board for polluting the air.

Jones

The internet comes through again---
Found a seller who had some NOS MOPAR stuff; among the items were some WHEELS PROGRAM related parts, another parts catalog, and these.
They don't specify California but do fit the bare spot exactly. I can't see anything else going there.

Attachments

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The dealerships would have received these books since they would not have the military TMs.
You are correct .. In the early 80's I would help myself to a certain dealership's 60's-70's parts books to my vehicles and give the manager a list to order.. (their partsman at that time was less than useful).. Up on the parts manual shelf was the Wheels Program book.. I acquired the Wheels book (and certain others) when they ceased being a dealership (y)

Last edited:

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The internet comes through again---
Found a seller who had some NOS MOPAR stuff; among the items were some WHEELS PROGRAM related parts, another parts catalog, and these.
They don't specify California but do fit the bare spot exactly. I can't see anything else going there.
Are you good now? I was going to say I can check when I get home from vacation. Took a bit of time off from here and catching up on various things as I hope to start my rehabs this fall.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks