• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interesting find

Midnight Rider

I'm hoping to not break any rules here.

So, if you happen to do a search on Ebay of Chevrolets from 1980 to 1988, you might come across a very interesting CUCV. It's not in the Military section either.

I don't think this would be violating any rules because I'm pretty sure no one on here would try to buy this thing.

If you can't find it, PM me and I'll give you the Ebay number for it.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Auction Postings: Please abide by the following rules concerning the posting of auction information in the forums:
• Do NOT post about future or current GL/GSA/eBay (including items for sale in buy-it-now formats)/local/city/state/Federal/estate auctions. You may post about any auction after the auction is closed.

• Do NOT post links to current eBay auctions or Craig's List ads that are not your own. You may post a link to your own auction/ad only if it is in an information/discussion thread about you vehicle/item. Do not start a post in the Conversations forum or your vehicle specific forum just to announce your auction/ad.

I don't think this would be violating any rules because I'm pretty sure no one on here would try to buy this thing
No where in the rules does it say , it's ok if nobody would buy it....

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Somehow, it's just not that funny or stupid(or whatever you think it is) without a picture!

Midnight Rider

Somehow, it's just not that funny or stupid(or whatever you think it is) without a picture!
Sorry, I thought posting a pic would somehow move it more towards the "not allowed" part of posting items relating to auctions.

I was just looking through Ebay for CUCV's and came across it. I just wanted to share. I'll know not to bother next time.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They sold the original chassis on eBay, a while back.

KsM715

Sorry, I thought posting a pic would somehow move it more towards the "not allowed" part of posting items relating to auctions.

I was just looking through Ebay for CUCV's and came across it. I just wanted to share. I'll know not to bother next time.

If I may, This is where the confusion of the rules come into play. People find something odd, funny, interesting or what ever and they just want to talk about it. Thats fine, just save the picture and post it saying "look at this thing" and you can discuss it all day long as long as someone doesnt say "hey, isnt that up at GL this week", or posts a link to the GL/ebay ad. People see interesting things on GL and just want to talk about them but they just cant wait till after the auction is over, or save one or 2 pics to your computer and then post them without ever mentioning the auction.

This is not intended as a rant towards Midnight Rider but as a "how to discuss something interesting without breaking the rules"

Last edited:

combatmech

It's just silly.....I sent a pic of it to a Corvette buddy....He just laughed. And so did I at first glance. Drugs?? Nah....I'm thinking more like lead paint chips.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks