• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interesting towing setup

dk8019

Saw this accident waiting to happen heading down I-70 just west of Baltimore doing 60MPH. If I'm adding everything up right, the generator weighs more than the HMMWV, of course has no brakes, and HMMWV probably weighs a bit more than the tow vehicle, and has no brakes. All in all a highway fatality waiting to happen. Of course there are no tow lights being used in this setup either, because if you are going for stupid, why not go all the way, especially on a busy interstate during rush hour.

2017-08-17 19.37.49.jpg

Dock Rocker

Talk about a mobile math problem. It's actually worse than you think. I bet that trailer has surge breaks on it and the hmmwv has no brakes. In an emergency stop I could see where that would just turn into a big giant knot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He will probably be on this site soon with parts needs and problems with the Hmmwv if he makes it home.

dk8019

Talk about a mobile math problem. It's actually worse than you think. I bet that trailer has surge breaks on it and the hmmwv has no brakes. In an emergency stop I could see where that would just turn into a big giant knot.
Those 60kW MEP006s have air brakes on them don't they?

Gunzy

FYI, that M200A1 trailer the genset is on is equipped with air over hydraulic brakes and I can guarantee they are non-functional in that photo. Hopefully he only kills himself.

infidel got me

The sad thing is that the moron towing this contraption will never be the one hurt!!!! He will hit/run into the guy that is safe, secures load, observes traffic laws etc...

Wire Fox

I also see he's flat-towing and there's no plates on anything... at least in Indiana, I'm certainly that wheels can't be on the ground for anything that's not registered and insured. That's why I paid a wrecker to pick up my HMMWV and drop it in my driveway.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
hard to tell but the hmmwv might even have the original pintle set up and not the mwo.

No doubt the trailer is way way over the towing limit whichever set up it is!

I don't see how that box truck has a pintle to use a towbar. What was connecting the box truck to the hmmwv?

Bravojmc

hard to tell but the hmmwv might even have the original pintle set up and not the mwo.

I don't see how that box truck has a pintle to use a towbar. What was connecting the box truck to the hmmwv?
Prob 16GA wire!!!!! Lol ;)

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I cant imagine how hot his tranny in the towing truck had to be. It looks like a pretty small truck.

m715mike

Probably one of these in a receiver hitch. Of course, I'm sure the receiver hitch is securely bolted to the rear bumper of the box truck with a grade 8 bolt... maybe two...

IMG_3555.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks