• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interesting trans jack design for FMTVs

spankybear

As much as I would like to have a jack like that the price of the china one wins.

and NO I don't like the buy one from there... but I have a price... When the weather gets better i'll let you know how it works... Sooner if I can find a place to work inside.

Third From Texas

That's pretty badass if your in the business, but too rich for my blood.

When the time comes that I have to ever drop a trans, I just can't see spending that kinda cash for the project.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As much as I would like to have a jack like that the price of the china one wins.

and NO I don't like the buy one from there... but I have a price... When the weather gets better i'll let you know how it works... Sooner if I can find a place to work inside.
I had the 1000# version from them and it was horrible. With a cast iron SM465 trans for my CUCV it groaned and creaked and was horribly flimsy. Might be fine for an auto trans but it was terrible for the SM My estimate for weight of the SM is 175#.

spankybear

I had the 1000# version from them and it was horrible. With a cast iron SM465 trans for my CUCV it groaned and creaked and was horribly flimsy. Might be fine for an auto trans but it was terrible for the SM My estimate for weight of the SM is 175#.
This one seem to be much better constructed than the smaller one. If I didn't buy it from harbor tool I would have thought it was not a harbor tool. there was someone here how said they used this on a M939 with no issues. I think it will be fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks