• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interior Dome Light?

Aernan

Still very new to the LMTV and discovering things every day.

What kind of interior dome light or courtesy lights have you added to your vehicles to make them easier to use at night?

FloridaAKM

Why not use the light fixture from armored vehicles that is a light blue/green or a bright white light @ the touch of a switch & is 24v to match the vehicle? You can set power to the door switch if you like & then select the light you want. I have a few NIB ones that I have put in the Deuces or the LMTV.

Aernan

Why not use the light fixture from armored vehicles that is a light blue/green or a bright white light @ the touch of a switch & is 24v to match the vehicle? You can set power to the door switch if you like & then select the light you want. I have a few NIB ones that I have put in the Deuces or the LMTV.
could you post any photos of that setup or raw lights?

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been working on some LED dome lights with red lenses that will be 3D printed. I bought the LED panels off eBay (search: 2Pcs White 36-COB LED Panel HID Bulb Car Vehicle Interior Map Dome Door Light), and I'll design up a housing for them that fits in the holes in the roof. Hopefully I can finish it up now that the weather is getting colder.

Aernan

I've been working on some LED dome lights with red lenses that will be 3D printed. I bought the LED panels off eBay (search: 2Pcs White 36-COB LED Panel HID Bulb Car Vehicle Interior Map Dome Door Light), and I'll design up a housing for them that fits in the holes in the roof. Hopefully I can finish it up now that the weather is getting colder.
That sounds worth the wait.

Bill W

I went with the armored dome light in my deuce. it comes with a white and a blue lens.
100_2403.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks