• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interior lights brighter with aceleration?

leisman7

I noticed my interior odometer and spedometer lights become brighter with acceleration and stay bright while the vehcile is moving. When i come to a stop they dim slightly. Is this typical with these older vehicles or could it be symptoms to something else?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to fully charge and load test your batteries before yo start any troubleshooting of the electrical system.

Chances are the alternator/s need to be rebuilt. Thye have set for alongtime and when you "wake them up" they sometime throw a fit.

A properly working alternator will not make the lights brighter when the rpms increase.

leisman7

yeah i ran into bad alternator and had it replaced just instaled it the other day. It was a direct replacement. delco remy 24v 65amp. With the new alternator im getting this light problem.
You need to fully charge and load test your batteries before yo start any troubleshooting of the electrical system.

Chances are the alternator/s need to be rebuilt. Thye have set for alongtime and when you "wake them up" they sometime throw a fit.

A properly working alternator will not make the lights brighter when the rpms increase.

Your problem could be in the alternator or in that blue box. Probably start by checking the alternator output at idle and under load to see if it varies much. Cleaning all the fuse connections wouldn't be a bad idea either. Check the 12V output of that blue box since that is where the dash is getting power from. Oh, does the voltmeter in the dash work, and if so, does it show a change when driving?

You might get some ideas from the M1010 wiring diagrams.

Last edited:

lavarok

He has a M1010.

Is there a model number on that blue box?
The issue could be a fault or function of that unit.
Is it even working properly??

With a non working duvac, symptoms are similar so I would suspect your blue box has failed.

Get a sure power 52208 or 52210. You won't be disappointed.