• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interior lights

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a domelight from a piece of armor but frankly never use it. I keep a few magnetic lights up there. There is a light under the dash in the middle. Usually they don't have a bulb.

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In my M1009, I put 3 rows of LED lights on the ceiling. Wired them to come on with the light under the dash. Illuminates the entire interior of the vehicle.
In the M1008 I have a single LED light fixture that has a switch on it.

cucvrus

Yes the headlamp switch does operate the lower under dash stock lamp. I just tap into that and run the wire thru the weather strip and into the roof in the rear of the M1009. I used LED lights on both sides and in the area above the center roof. It lights up like an operating room. I also use an LED license lamp under the dash. That under dash lamp is about worthless. Good Luck with what ever you choose.

Dieseltech795

Yes the headlamp switch does operate the lower under dash stock lamp. I just tap into that and run the wire thru the weather strip and into the roof in the rear of the M1009. I used LED lights on both sides and in the area above the center roof. It lights up like an operating room. I also use an LED license lamp under the dash. That under dash lamp is about worthless. Good Luck with what ever you choose.
Thanks. I am toying with the idea of flush mount led lights in the corners above the seatbelt mount and above the rear view mirror.

nyoffroad

I grabbed a light out of a wrecked cop car, the switch is on the light itself and gives a choice of white or red LEDs, and it only cost a couple bucks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks