• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interior noise. Soft vs hard doors?

Sjoconnor

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gentlemen,

personally, my truck is quietest with doors off I think. I’m pondering buying hard doors or xdoors. I really don’t run my M998 in the cold winter but fall and spring are my favorite times of year.

do the hard doors make much of a difference with interior noise. I have full floor insulation and extra under a full length board on thecenter hump.

just looking for opinion on this board. I know there are a few😂

thanks
Stephen

Ajax MD

I agree, quietest with doors off. I think hard doors will echo interior noises, making them worse unless you mitigate with metric buttloads of sound dampening material inside the doors, doghouse, tunnel and floorpan.

Owners have done it and reported positive results, it just take a lot of material.

JetbikeAnt

Quietest with the doors off for sure. I was going to add hard doors, but I like driving her with no doors which takes about a minute with soft-doors when it come to removing them. If I ever find that sought after Slant-back, now that would be a different story. Just my .02

Coralsniper

A helpful way to get sound to stop echoing around in the cab in insulating the roof with these acustic sound deadening tiles. I've insulated my cab, under my hood, the underside of the tunnel but the biggest improvement was when I insulated and built my doghouse.

Attachments

Sjoconnor

Steel Soldiers Supporter
X doors do make a difference - much more rattling!
That’s one thing I was afraid of. Boy it’s been nice these past few days up here in the Boston area cruising area with no doors again. I’m thinking my next buy will be new tires and rims instead of hard doors.
Thanks for all youz guys thoughts on the subject.

stephen.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks