• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interior Trim Parts

mcne2026

Ok. I have decided to make the CUCV my daily driver when I am at my place in Idaho. It is several miles of dirt roads to get to my place and then 30 miles of a very twisty highway. Since I will spend a considerable amount of time driving it, I need to spruce it up a bit.

I am looking to replace the following items. Mine are old, craked and have been painted with bad paint several times. I looked at the parts in LMC and they don't seem to be a good fit in many cases. Any sources for these is appreciated.

1. Dash pad. I am looking for a full replacement and not just a cover. Something that is paintable would be good. I want to do the interior in dark grey or charchoal. The one from LMC looked like it would work ok.

2. The trim plate that goes on the front of the dash pad. The ones in LMC looked like they leave an opening for something on the civi model.

3. Dash (gauge bezel). The one from LMC would not work because of the blackout light controls. What do we do about this?

4. Lens inside dash bezel. Would the one that is designed for guages work ok for us with the idiot lights?

5. Door panels. I could only find full panels. Not the half ones like CUCV's have.

Thanks guys. I hope you have some sources or ideas. I am also installing a full cage, 4" lift and new front seats with 5 point harnesses. I will be selling my CJ5 to finance this project.

mcne2026

Forgot a couple items.

6. Center console with cup holders. Anyone know one that fits easy and well?

7. Headliner. Do the replacement headliners work. I figured since we don't have A & B pillar trim parts and headliner is a no go. Am I wrong?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A lot of those items can still be had reasonably at the GM dealer. The extra holes are for A/C in the dash plates.

ida34

I will look. I may have a drivers door panel and the gauge panel dash plastic. I may also have the dash trim panel. I will check this weekend and see if I have them.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
If I was going to buy a center console I would check out Tuffy. The console I have for the CJ7 is well made. You can buy with a spot for a radio, or maybe a CB. Also you can add extra drink holders on it for the rear. I got mine several years back and they may have some competition now.
http://www.tuffyproducts.com/consoles/consoles.html

BKinzey

NCINIRATOR said:
I'm trying to find the diamond plate door covers. Anyone know where I could get these?
The ones I've seen were home made!

mcne2026

I'm selling lots of parts, M1009 and K5 Blazer from my build, some are listed in the classifieds here.

Dashpad. The civy will fit, might have to remove a bracket or two on the dash frame though. Stock color is more of a middle gray, might find a darker color aftermarket.

Headliner. Yep needs the civy plastic to hold it up. Heck, cut one out of Art Card, glue your fave fabric to it and use a spray glue like 3M Spray 77 or the heavy duty Spray 99 and glue it up there! :lol: :D :?

Trim Plate. Get one from a truck without A/C

Lens. They are the same, better yet, buy my whole cluster! :lol:

Door Panels. ???? Ya got me there! looks the same to me! See pic.

Center Console. I've got a crappy one to sell! 1st or 2nd generation will fit, Tuffy makes a nice $$$ one. I'm goin' custom.

Black out light controls. Do you want to keep yours? In the Civvy model it's A/C or a plastic cover plate. I'm sure the coverplate could be modded to work.

Attachments

mangus580

Actually the dash lense from a truck with guages will not work on the one with the lights. put them side by side, you will see ;-) there is no lens over the lights, while it goes over the guages.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks