• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

International 6X6 photos wanted

PWM

I read an interesting article about these International 2.5 ton 4x4 and 5 ton 6x6. It appears these trucks where built to share as many parts as possible, kind of like the new 2.5 ton and 5 ton. I want one of these 5 tons, but a left hand drive version. I have even been thinking of how I could build a copy of the cab and put it on an M series 5 ton. I would appreciate any photos or information, I can’t find many photos.

Thanks Pete

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
That is a cool looking rig. The only problem I have have with that cab configuration is if the cab does not tilt.
It is a real PITA to work on an engine where the only access is through the floor.
If I were going to build one from scratch I would put in the tilt feature.

PWM

If i built my own cab and thats a big if, i would make it a soft top kind of like Bjorn's 8x8. Befor i start a project like that i would like to build a shop to do it in. I think it is the way the windshield slopes is what makes me like it so much.

Pete

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks