• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

International 6X6 photos wanted

PWM

I read an interesting article about these International 2.5 ton 4x4 and 5 ton 6x6. It appears these trucks where built to share as many parts as possible, kind of like the new 2.5 ton and 5 ton. I want one of these 5 tons, but a left hand drive version. I have even been thinking of how I could build a copy of the cab and put it on an M series 5 ton. I would appreciate any photos or information, I can’t find many photos.

Thanks Pete

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
That is a cool looking rig. The only problem I have have with that cab configuration is if the cab does not tilt.
It is a real PITA to work on an engine where the only access is through the floor.
If I were going to build one from scratch I would put in the tilt feature.

PWM

If i built my own cab and thats a big if, i would make it a soft top kind of like Bjorn's 8x8. Befor i start a project like that i would like to build a shop to do it in. I think it is the way the windshield slopes is what makes me like it so much.

Pete