• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

International MRAP

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: International MRAP

Yup - sorry folks. Under the current regs, if they get surplused, any armor is to be cut up for scrap.

It is a cool truck though. Hopefully it will keep some of our sons and daughter safe in the sandbox.

wb1895

Yup that is a Maxpro. I have used them in Iraq and they are NOT very good for what they are. The best one the Army has going for it right now is the Caimen.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Single rear wheels are the MaxxPro; dual rear wheels are the MaxxPro Plus...to handle extra armor.

Hopefully by the time these come up for auction, the regs will have changed for the better & we can buy these at auction!

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
They do help but im partial to the Buffalo also. Mack chassis and thats what I cut my teeth on when I was training when they came out.

= Theres nothing to stop a large IED .

Stan Leschert

How'd like to see that pull up to pick up the days receipts? Brinks...eat your heart out.
Yup, I know them. They are just as cheap as the crew I work for.
As was before, remember that your weapon was built by the lowest bidder.
Unfoutunately, here in civvy land, we don't have the needed standard of MILSPEC. Oh well, a few more years and a good pension...

Wrench Wench

Even if we civvies can't generally get our hands on the newer armour, there's one of our members turning a Deuce into a Baby HEMTT. If someone else doesn't have a welder and a loooooooot of sheet metal to create an unarmoured Caiman out of a Deuce, then I miss my guess.

nhdiesel

Wow...I have to buy a lottery ticket tomorrow. I'll start with that black "2009 Protector".

The nice thing is, there is a vehicle there for every price range- turn key, drive away; or "do it yourself kit". I see the racks of bodies, engines, axles, tires.........

Jim