• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

introducing myself

TheDutch

I'm a new (older) kid on the block and live in The Netherlands, Europe. From Germany the USA army sold (after the wall fall down) a lot of "warstocks" from the bunkers in Germany, low mileges and enough spareparts. My first buy was a Dodge W200 and after a good time in the mud with my friends of Dodge Truck Benelux I sold it and bought my Chevy M1010 diesel. This Chevy turned into a simple camper brouth me and my wife to the Middle East, (Jordan,Israel,Egypt).
In 2000 I stored the car cause tax reasens in my country and now,..back in chevytown and working on it hope to drive within a few weeks.
Learning a lot of your site,..so thanks in advance.
Peter

sorry about the mistakes in Englisch its not my home language.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard! Plenty here for all! LOL We know a little bit about the "tax" thing too! UGH! Love me Country! The Gooberment? Well, not sooooo sure....:deadhorse:
God bless,

Tony:D

C15TA

Sorry I missed this thread before, but welcome from Canada. I also have a M1010 Ambulance and you may recognize one of my other trucks.
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Barry

Attachments

TheDutch

@C15TA,

The "DAF" I do know, good old Duth "workhorse", but aughhhhhh what a fuel it's using, did you import this one to the USA? What that avatar- flag, Belgian??

C15TA

Yes, the YA 314 Daf is a bit hard on fuel but it is sure fun to drive. I imported it into Canada from the Netherlands and at the time container prices were reasonable, and the trucks were quite cheap. I got a nice Polynor trailer with it.
The avatar is actually Dutch. It is the flag of a small village in Noord Holland near Alkmaar called Broek op Langedijke. I have friends there and like to holiday with them when I can afford it. They are military vehicle collectors. I would like to put Dutch markings on my M1010 even though it is not correct. What do you think?
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Barry