• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Involuntary starter run

aboonski

You are looking at a Lawn Tractor Starter Relay that I use for my manual glow plug system. I have been using it for over a year now and it has proven to be as good as any solenoid you can get for this application. I am very disorganized here at the house - ask Kenny! I found several Ford starter solenoids after I installed this setup but it worked so good I just left it in place. The only thing available at the time was a lawn tractor solenoid so there you are! I have lots of very unique automotive electrical items that I manage to incorporate into each of my vehicles as the need comes up. One of my favorite hobbies is auto electrics and I have found the CUCV to be most challenging of all to work on. By the way I also wired a couple of indicator lights to the glow plug system - one lets me know that power is going to the glow plug relay and the other lets me know when the automatic glow plug system is on or off so that I can time myself with the glow plug switch. The previous owner had serious problems with the automatic glow plug system and almost had a fire under the hood. The manual system cheats the possibility of a sticking glow plug relay - "Everything has the be cheated" I always say!