• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IOWA IS ON BOARD

HAWK-TANK

Newbie owner-operator coming in hot..!! Ha..Ha.. 1970 Am Gen M35A2 around town with no particular mission at hand. The usual community holidays and parades, with special emphasis on our national celebrations, and all of our veteran related events. I even wear a token piece of uniform sometimes (that I can still get on)..!! Chuckle..!!
Done a few upgrades: new turbo, new steering column, electric wipers, brighter lights, etc, driveability kinds of stuff. Very much looking forward to the give and take here..!!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wow!! I was terribly excited for a minute. Thought we were talking about the battleship... All the same - a large piece of green iron - and parades when we can is a most honorable hobby!! Welcome to the site. Welcome to the hobby with the rest of the fine folks here.

I am here to say that I definitely don't fit into my uniform :-( but I also don't run 5 miles every morning any more either.

Glad to hear that you still fit into your old uniform!

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome, from Alabama! This forum is a great place to be if you need advice, like to read about MVs, or just want to talk trucks. I got my 72 deuce this past March, and whether I'm driving it or turning wrenches on it I've enjoyed every minute of it. Glad you're here!

HAWK-TANK

Wow!! I was terribly excited for a minute. Thought we were talking about the battleship... All the same - a large piece of green iron - and parades when we can is a most honorable hobby!! Welcome to the site. Welcome to the hobby with the rest of the fine folks here.

I am here to say that I definitely don't fit into my uniform :-( but I also don't run 5 miles every morning any more either.

Glad to hear that you still fit into your old uniform!
Oops... Didn't mean to disappoint. Funny that I do have quite a bunch of keepsakes from BB-61, USS IOWA.
I had experience in a couple branches but finished in the Army.
Don't think for a minute that I can still get into all my uniform after almost 50 years..!! Chuckle

HAWK-TANK

Welcome, from Alabama! This forum is a great place to be if you need advice, like to read about MVs, or just want to talk trucks. I got my 72 deuce this past March, and whether I'm driving it or turning wrenches on it I've enjoyed every minute of it. Glad you're here!
Thanks. Can't wait to get some photos loaded.
And share some TRUCK TALK..!!

HAWK-TANK

I would say welcome aboard as well. You have a great truck there!
Thanks for the welcome..!!
I'm an old coot, and not very computerized, so I'm trying to figure the way around the place.
I've had this unit about five years, and it's street licensed, road worthy, and insured by the Hagerty military division. It's probably going to move on in the coming years, as I am just about at the age where wrenching isn't really do-able. Hate that..!! Ha.
I'll try to load photos.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thanks for the welcome..!!
I'm an old coot, and not very computerized, so I'm trying to figure the way around the place.
I've had this unit about five years, and it's street licensed, road worthy, and insured by the Hagerty military division. It's probably going to move on in the coming years, as I am just about at the age where wrenching isn't really do-able. Hate that..!! Ha.
I'll try to load photos.
In a perfect world, you should see a "paperclip" and the words "attach files" below where you would type your reply to a message or reply to a forum in general. Some phones do a better job presenting that - and some don't seem to show it at all. TapATalk seems to upload pictures sideways for some users.

The key is to start a reply and see if you see the "paperclip" under where you would be typing (sometimes you have to scroll down a little). If so, click it and it will present a dialog box where you can click on pictures to upload. Seems that the site limit is 10 images per post. If you need help, let me know and maybe with you saying what you see we can get some pictures posted...

Guyfang

Staff member
Oops... Didn't mean to disappoint. Funny that I do have quite a bunch of keepsakes from BB-61, USS IOWA.
I had experience in a couple branches but finished in the Army.
Don't think for a minute that I can still get into all my uniform after almost 50 years..!! Chuckle
Well............................... The hat fits anyway!

Greetings and salutations sir!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks