• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IP check valve.

tankie88

Now after reading most of the threads about the check valve no one has said want happens when the glass ball is dug out.Does it run like a pig or hard to start or what? Mine has been blocking up every now and again for the last year and a half.Now it's happening more often.I know it needs a new IP but which is the easier and cheaper? A complete new IP or buy the kit and rebuild your own?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Busting out the ball is only a stop gap to a failing IP. The pumps injection timing will be off as well as the internal case pressure regulates timing. Will it run? Yes. Will it run 100% correct, no. You can bust it out and see if it will buy you more time. But start saving up your nickles if you haven't already...

Grega

Unless you very familiar with injection systems, have a well lit and clean envirement. have it rebuilt by a qualified shop or get a new or rebuilt pump

Keith_J

The DB2 is the easiest mechanical injection pump to work on. The most common issue is the pressure regulation inside the case, there is a vane pump which creates the pressure needed to charge the plungers. Since the plungers are normally empty by spring pressure, the vane pump provides the pressure to charge them, if the requested quantity is low, pressure is low. Really is an elegant system until the vane pump cannot supply enough pressure to completely fill the plungers.

Don't mess with busting out the check ball, get it serviced. If you notice low power at higher speeds, the vanes are shot. When the vanes wear, they flow debris into the pressure regulator which is linked to the governor, this also reduces injected quantity.

tankie88

Well,i knocked the ball and spring out today.Jeez,it goes like a rocket now.Recon IP and injectors ordered today from your side of the pond.Won't be here until Jan 5th.Just need the IP to hold out that long now.:D

southdave

Fuel

I have wonder whats your diesel like there Tankie? ours here, is more like jp8 with out all anti fire crap in it??
I ask since the fuel here was change around 93 and again 2006 for the ultra low sulfer crap.. don't get me started on the gasoline.. just wondering what ate the pump?

Last edited:
What is the symptom of a bad check ball? My truck just began to start hard warm. Seems to run fine but after shut off for a few minutes, it cranks a long time to start.

For some reason it seems to start better cold, even with some questionable glow plugs on the right bank.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks