• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IP leak testng

pigpen60

I'm still making oil so I must have screwed something up. My question is with the shutoff removed from the pump will turning the power on for the lift pump show if the shutoff pivot?(NO.13 o-ring) is leaking? will it show if the HH o-rings are leaking? And last, With the booster pump removed but still plumbed up with I be able to test it for leaks the same way?

Jeepsinker

Yes, but it may not show you anything. Remember the lift pump only provides 4-7 psi, but when running the components in question are seeing 30+ psi. You can't run it with these things removed. Seals may leak at 30 psi that won't at 5 psi.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can run it with the shut down cover off. Yep you can even run the rpm up with your finger on the fuel control to a higher RPM and higher pressure of between 30 Idle to 70 high idle. You can shut it down using your finger on the fuel control when done. No your not going to be able to see if the head bottom O ring is leaking just the fuel control. Then there is that hard to get to booster pump test and I would have to go through the TM. Thought is was remove and supply 60 psi of fuel from from external source.

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is your FDC still hooked up? I found if it is the booster pump it is easer to remove the IP then it also gives you the chance to replace the engine to IP oil feed line. Believe Chris aka Gimpyrob had new ones made. There is a fast and easy way to remove the IP without trying to move the engine over.

Attachments

Last edited:

pigpen60

I probably should have dug up my first making oil thread, I've bypassed the FDC and removed the flame heater. When I did the HH o-rings I had to remove the grill and the radiator so I could remove the gear and such. I'm hoping to get around that but it aint fixed so we'll see.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The grill should just fold forward and you don't have to remove the radiator. You can also remove the IP with the gear still on but you will have to remove it before installing the IP and replace the gear from the front side.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks