• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IP pump line leaking. (ideas on tighten)?.

tourus

Well back in mid September I finished doing both head gaskets. but one of the injector lines are leaking and has been since the job was completed. just can't seem to find a few hours to fix the problem. but also wondering if the bottom right line (#3). can be tighten with out taking the manifold off. going to try anyway using a crows foot. just wondering if any one has any ideas.????

dependable

A crows foot, some wobbly extensions...a mechanics mirror.. you may be able to do it. Taking the manifold off does not take that long though, sometimes the direct approach is faster and less frustrating. Let us know how it works out.

tourus

well yes it can be done but SOB! PITA!! but yes I did get it done. first loosen the vacuum pump so it turns then reach arm down under the manifold. use crows foot with an extension. get the crows foot on the loose nut then put ratchet on extension turn until can't then reposition crows foot do it again until tight enough. all this took about an hour not bad but PITA!!...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks