• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IP pump purchase from where?

rjhiggins

I just wanted to get some feedback on this purchase. I have really been searching on the pump. I can have it built local for $395 w/ a year warranty, but I have seen on ebay about kr service in salem wi. going for $275 w/ year warranty. Is this a reliable rebuilder? Anyone have any dealings with this guy? All feed back very appreciated. Or does anyone know someone in the southeast any cheaper?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With shipping and insurance, how much do you plan to save? If you need to use the warranty, you'll need to pay shipping and insurance again.

Local.

rjhiggins

Thanks doghead. I hvae been throwing it up in air. he pays for shipping one way. So I would have to pay at least $20 for sending it to him, which would save me about $100. If I get it done local, which I know the guys there cause they have built several pumps for me when I worked at Detroit diesel. They use genuine parts and do great work.

Milbikes

Spend the extra $100 and go with the local known entity. If you know they do good work with quality parts....that is worth it in my book. I don't like to gamble on parts that are a 'bit of work' to replace. I hate to use the money I saved to do a job over. My opinion, based on past experiences.

Hoolio

I bought one of those pumps...It works great.. Final cost was $ 295.00 with return freight..I called Fred Kevek there..He was very informative..Ran well, no leaks..Took care of my "burst of acceleration" problem.. It would cackle and run like someone sprayed starting fluid in it...

paulfarber

he pays for shipping one way.
YOU PAY FOR SHIPPING BOTH WAYS. Once at your shipper of choice, the other is build into the price.

Go local. It might be slightly more cash up front, but then you can personally thank him if it works or question the heck out of him if it don't.

lindyp38

i would say....buy local.......pump your dollars into your local economy........

whichever guy u go with....get it in writing.......this way...there will not be any problems down the road.....

fat lady sings

grayw0lf

If you can get it for that local where there is someone you can see with your own eyes, I'd do that.
Otherwise, dieselplace.net seems to make a good pump & they're pretty cheap. Find their yahoo store & save another $30. Their business does seem to have an emphasis on the DB2 pumps.

Hoolio

Slightly more ?????? How about 200 bucks more...And I've got an account at one of the local shops.. Others in the area , I wouldn't bother with.....I was able to thank Fred via internet.. He will get any further pump repairs from my equipment repair service.. Freight in was prepaid , I paid for return shipping..Then the core was deducted from the total .. So in my book , $ 295.00 was a great deal for a quality product.. I also purchased a leak-off line kit for my 6.2 diesel..Believe it or not , there was some line left over..Very high quality , not China boy rubber..