• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IP pump Rebuild Question

sht2kll

Howdy all: I was wondering if anybody has a good source where I can get my IP rebuilt? I do not know of any good shops in my area so, I need to send it off somewhere. Thanks for any info. Tom

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since you are shipping it out, there are a couple of guys on fleabay that others here have used with great results. Cost is under $300 with a core.

They will rebuild yours or exchange it out.

Do an advanced search in the CUCV forum for "ebay injector pump".

Here is the thread with a rebuilder listed.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/52592-fuel-injector-pumps.html?highlight=ebay+injector+pump

And here is the service only.

HD 6.2L Diesel Injection Pump 6.2 Chevy GMC Injector: eBay Motors (item 280442711818 end time Jun-22-10 11:36:53 PDT)

You can also search ebay for "6.2L Diesel Injection Pump"

jimm1009

If you do ship it out make sure and tell them that you want military fuel pressure as it is higher than a civy pump.

Kind of like a 4 barrel over a 2 barrel.

jimm1009

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A NEW pump will cost you $1000+, a rebuilt unit is $300-$400. You can get your pump rebuilt for ~$270. So $300 is a good price.

Make sure you get a heavyduty pump as it outputs more fuel. (above post)

JAsher45

IF you look in the 6.2/ 6.5 engine TM it will give you all the parameters for the fuel pump for rebuilding. so if you have any?'s that shoould help you out... also check the model number of the pump, that is also something to look at cause different pumps had different settings

albersondh

IF you look in the 6.2/ 6.5 engine TM it will give you all the parameters for the fuel pump for rebuilding. so if you have any?'s that shoould help you out... also check the model number of the pump, that is also something to look at cause different pumps had different settings

Pumps need to be calibrated post rebuild unless you have alot of experience and completley understand how the pump works. With that said, whats wrong with it? Most things can be fixed without screwing up any of the vital perameters (mini-max gov, roller to roller clearance, ect). I have done complete rebuilds in the field (use a caliper and messure EVERYTHING) but quick fixes are the way to go. Most of the time it just needs seals or a mini-max adjustment, most stuff can be done on the truck. I would say 7 out of 10 trucks I was sent to fix with IP issues were fixable on the truck.