• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IP questions

Chaski

Picture?
Harbor freight normally has a cheap security bit set for taking apart things that someone else does not want taken apart.

albersondh

On a CUCV should be just a flat tip or (AIRC) a 1/4" socket. The cap contains the running solenoid and the cold start solenoid (54A and 569B circuits) Later 6.2 and 6.5's have the tamper proof torx, I think a T15 (been a while). If its not the OEM pump it could be a torx. All three screws are pretty long and like to snap off in the housing. Dissimilar metal oxidation bonding and all that. I ALWAYS would use the right bit, then whack it a couple times with a hammer. This will loosen up the yuk and should screw right out, if it breaks off flush good luck extracting it.... I think there is a grounding strap under one of the screws that grounds a solenoid, don't loose it, it needs to be there.

Chaski

Tamper resistant torx is included in cheap Harbor Freight bit set, part number 68459 for about $6 If you want a nice set you can get a most likely made in the USA set from McMaster-Carr for about $70, part number 5996A3