• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IP Sourcing

glaser06

Ok, I think I've narrowed my search down to 3 options for a new injector pump (IP). For those that can't see my sig, I've got a 1028A1 with a Banks Turbo kit on the original 6.2L. Was going to swap in a 700R4 but this came up first so that's getting pushed down the road a bit.

Option 1: Ebay for a new HMMVW injection pump. Supposedly capable of more power? About $800

Option 2: USdieselparts.com No experience with them although they claim to be the best for rebuilds, the steel sleeve in the advance piston makes sense, no idea if it's actually true though or if the pump is built back to J-code spec $525+core

Option 3: Huckstorf Diesel. http://www.hdiesel.com/P/2LChevyGMCInjectionPump/1051. Can build back to J-code spec $535+core.

Anyone have experience with these dealers (or maybe know an option that I missed)? I searched for the latter two and didn't find much in the way of answers yet.

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Price? You send in your unit or exchange?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Prices for the IP's are on the OFI web page. The one I needed was $521.10
I sent a core in after the new unit was installed. They issued a credit for the returned core without any issues.

Chaski

Whatever shop you choose my only advice is to make sure they use Stanadyne brand parts. I had a pump rebuilt one time with a knock off seal kit, it lasted about 10 months before every rubber part inside disintegrated. There seems to be two different price ranges in rebuilt pumps. The cheap ones use used heads and rotors. The expensive ones use new heads and rotors.

Skinny

I just put a Huckstorf IP on my Suburban CUCV clone. They are priced right, got my pump out super fast, are a Stanadyne dealer, and the guys answering the phone were great to deal with. My core didn't get charged back within a few days of them receiving it. I guess someone was out for a few days. The guy that picked the phone up 1) spoke clear English 2) immediately found my paperwork on the desk 3) verified it was received 4) immediately issued the core back.

Wouldn't think twice of ordering again from them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks