• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

iPod Interface

TMNT

I have looked all over my new Deuce and I can't find the iPod interface anywhere! My 10-year old son says ALL cars and trucks have iPod connections. Can somebody help me out here? Maybe there's a TM that explains how to connect an iPod?

He's also never seen a window crank before. He thought those were cool, but he thinks the wipers are broken because they don't move together.

Tlauden

Wow sounds like you need to do some work to your deuce!!! Mine came standard with an iPod connection, electric windows, and sync'd wipers :p

Just think, pretty soon the young generations won't even know what a manual transmission is :/

quickfarms

you need to put an 8 track player in the duece

on the duece they are part of your personal hearing protection or you can use the ear buds under the hearing protection.

Heavysteven

There is no iPod connection in a deuce so this connection would not be in a TM.

I would explain that the wipers have separate air driven motors, there fore they operate independently of each other.

Is your truck the deuce off highway 20?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

I would explain that the wipers have separate air driven motors, there fore they operate independently of each other.

There is too a iPod connection in a deuce. You're just looking in the wrong TM.

Try TM---ID-10-T

:mrgreen:

HASSON1911

What theres an ipod connection?!? The only thing the last owner told me was about the stow and go passenger seats that fold up and down!

TMNT

Well, I'm off of Hwy 20 about halfway between Cartersville and Canton. The truck your thinking of is probably the one near River Green. I've been thinking about stopping in to talk to that guy. That is one clean looking truck.

Yeah, I explained all of that to my son. I just thought it was funny that there are so many things that younger people and kids have never seen or experienced. They just take it for granted they digital TV and music is available in every room of every house and in every vehicle. He just thought it was really weird that there was no radio, or satellite, or iPod connection. I told him he just needed to listen to the music of the engine (with hearing protection of course).

stampy

Frankly you could install a 24v to 12v transformer and then a aftermarket radio and speakers then you have a ipod jack in the front and maybe even a usb. Have him help and he will learn a useful skill, he will also learn his way around the truck, and that, some things are worth working for! Welcome to the addiction and thanks for passing it on to your son!:)

TMNT

You should show him a black Frisbee looking thing called a record, by the way, show him a Frisbee too.
I actually did that a few years ago with a friend's kids. I brought out an album collection and a turntable. Thay said, "What's that?" From the look on their face when it started playing, you would have thought a UFO had landed in the living room. My ex ended up with the album collection and turntable so I have to come up with one of those for my kids. I do have an operational 8-track tape player that my Dad gave me over the summer. I haven't done anything with it yet.

My kids have Frisbees ad Hoolahoops, so they're familiar with those.

TMNT

Frankly you could install a 24v to 12v transformer and then a aftermarket radio and speakers then you have a ipod jack in the front and maybe even a usb. Have him help and he will learn a useful skill, he will also learn his way around the truck, and that, some things are worth working for! Welcome to the addiction and thanks for passing it on to your son!:)
It's possible but not gonna happen in my Deuce. I just don't see any point in adding more noise to that thing! I do plan on installing a second alternator and a battery for 12V for the GPS,charging my phone and running some auxillary lights. Maybe a CB with my noise cancelling headset.

My boy helps work on my Toyota a lot. He's also pretty good with a rifle and you should see him shoot a 1911!

stampy

I installed a 24v to 12v transformer in mine ($40) works great and the load is balanced (the alternator should be able to handle the extra load of small electronics. I put a backup camera on my m109 and switched the 12v output plug so it is able to be turned off an on anytime, also works great for the GPS.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
you need to put an 8 track player in the duece
When I was in Germany back in the mid-70's I spent a lot of time in a deuce driving for the Mess Hall and Supply Room.

I actually had an 8-track in the glove box and two speakers above and behind the seats of my deuce.

I have a pronounced high frequency hearing loss in both ears which is prob a result of deuce noise, loud music and not being required to wear earplugs at the rifle range (we wore them on our field jackets but they were not mandatory when shooting).

Last semester we were discussing things kids today had never done in my American History class.

As an experiment I asked how many people had never dialed a rotary phone (everybody but me, the teacher and two older students).

How many people had never watched a black and white TV (same suspects).

How many people have used a public pay phone (again...same group).

Dam.....I feel old.

goodguyzy

The neighborhood kids were playing with mine at the house and using the trucks as cover for their Nerf gun battle. One was saying im a Canadian and one was a American and one said he was a Nazi. the other kids asked what a Nazi was and he didn't know either. I'm starting to feel old.

Heavysteven

I installed a 24v to 12v transformer in mine ($40) works great and the load is balanced (the alternator should be able to handle the extra load of small electronics. I put a backup camera on my m109 and switched the 12v output plug so it is able to be turned off an on anytime, also works great for the GPS.
Where did you get the transformer from?

deuceaid

Banned
The neighborhood kids were playing with mine at the house and using the trucks as cover for their Nerf gun battle. One was saying im a Canadian and one was a American and one said he was a Nazi. the other kids asked what a Nazi was and he didn't know either. I'm starting to feel old.
depending on how old the kids are, I think they need to learn some history.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks