• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Iraq Deuce

dannymoz71

Been awhile since Ive posted anything. Been stuck in Iraq since leaveing Korea last December. When we got to our FOB, I found an abandoned Deuce so I brought it back to the MP. Put some Optimas in it, a new clutch (old one was fryed, wouldnt even move), and fixed a couple other little problems. Now its our FOB runner and a good moral booster. Just put 6 new tire on it couple days ago. Its in better shape than most of the Deuces Ive had in my past units. Just wish I could take it home with me. :D

Attachments

TedG

In that second picture that is what I call a real "gear head"!!!!

Thank you for your service and nice truck! Be safe!

JeepMan

If perhaps'in you find another abandend duece out there, you know, one with a winch on it and such, maybe perhaps my driveway would just happenstance to have an empty spot in it that needs filling :!: :!: .........................................................

Opie

Of course YOURS just had to have the heater kit already installed...

Thanks for yor service from one who hasn't had to.

alphadeltaromeo

Great pics...I mean great! The story behind getting it back is very encouraging as well...glad you invested the time (not took the time) to go get her back! Good man [thumbzup]

M1075

bottleworks said:
Very cool! Glad to see trucks not going to waste. What's the drink? Middle East Sprite?
I love it. It even has the old school pull tab. Now when is the time you saw one of those?

dannymoz71

Parts are pretty easy to get. The only thing that I havent been able to get so far is a windsheild. Everything else seems to still be in he system. Clutch, shifter, soft top, wheels and tires, wiper motors and blades, cv boot, gauges, cusions, pretty much anything its needed.

That is an Iraqi Sprite. Not too bad, but not like the ones from home. But they taste the closest of the sodas.

I will post some pics of our Oshkosh trucks later.

Yes it does have the heater kit installed, Doesnt work at the moment though.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
dannymoz71 said:
Parts are pretty easy to get. The only thing that I havent been able to get so far is a windsheild..... .
Talking about windshields, never could understand the slanted ones on the hemmets, note the reflections in the background....
Good job man and stay safe!

Attachments

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Moral booster? probably because it is a better truck than those oshkoshes in the background.

They should have stuck to making overalls... rofl

Thanks for your service, you stay safe over there and I'll ship you a pallet of American sprite when you get back. Or something harder of your choosing. :wink:

Wish I could go around and fix what the Navy 'abandons' I see it now- "sir, why is the ex-USS Kennedy steaming out of port? we decommissioned her last month...." :driver:
"and where is Petty Officer McDowell?!?!?"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks