• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Iraq Deuce

5tonpuller

Great picture !!! Many of the guys tell me the hard thing is battery s for there personal stuff and lady's things. GOD be safe and careful over there. To day I watched them load rail cars with the m35 and m900''s . I do not know where there going but there going.

dannymoz71

It should be better than the ones on GL, Ive made sure that it is completly operational. Its actually in very good condition for one of these trucks. In better shape than alot of them were when they were actually in service.

It isnt that hard to get batteries. All we have to do is oreder them. They come in pretty quike.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Stay Safe Soldier:
Thanks for keeping the duece running, I saw many of them around Iraq doing the same thing on FOB's from Tallil to Mosul all of them being driven around with the top off and no cover like yours. As far as I know it all of the M35's left over there will stay there and be given to the Iraqi's. We had a whole bunch of them cut up for scrap so get your commander to authorize you using it. It will most likely have to be picked up on the property book since the unit that left it was not allowed to redeploy it. I am glad you are safe, are you on Victory Base? Let me know if you need anything I will send it to you. PM me if you want I am now in Korea enjoying Chusock and the freedom of not having to rely on an armed convoy to get off base. Be safe watch your 6

DavidB

Take lots of pictures and names,in fourty years they will bring you joy.Stay safe and mostly THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.Neat you can enjoy the deuce.
DavidB

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just wonder about that part where you said that you found it abandoned in the desert. What unit just leaves a truck sitting and doesn't come back for it with a wrecker? I know it's old, but Uncle Sam doesn't look at older vehicles being worthless when their replacement cost is sky high.

Paint your current unit markings on the front bumper, it's now yours. Make sure you try and get this rig sent home, if any of your unit is headed back to the states in the near future.

dannymoz71

Dont know why it was left where it was. It was sitting by itself with rock piles around it from where the graders had been grading around it, and covered in so much dust you could make sand castles on it. Let it sit there a couple weeks before trying to figure out who it belonged to. No unit claimed it, so we got it working and have been taking care of it.

jasonjc

My unit "found" 2 or 3 5 ton tractors (I think with tank trailers) in Iraq. Back in the frist go round. Our motor pool got one running. But then killed it. Some thing about oil in the radator or some thing. Who ever left it made it so it would not last long. Unless it was checked out good frist. Then when we went to invade Haiti we found a 5 ton in the Bahamas that was left by a NG unit. The fule cut off seliod was bad, fix it and used it some. I don't remeber it may still be there. For you aircraft typs the same island had 3-4 DC-3 and a DC-4 pushed up in a pile.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Ah the hot dry desert heat that was really something I got used to I always carried frozen bottles of water though because by the time I got to the end of the exess yard there was almost no ice left in them. I am sure the FOB only truck will bring you some good times. A lot of NCO's I saw riding them around used them as their POV and to run Soldiers to the PX or to their hooches. Strictly an ON FOB ONLY truck.