• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Irishman painted it green, and lost its history

olddutchcj

Long story, but heres the short version. Started life as jeep on dutch navy ship and used when in port for running about, sold off to dutchman, brought it to spain, left in garage 17 years, found by irish mate of mine, made a hash of fixing it, painted it green.
Under the green is battleship grey, contacted dutch owner who confirmed its history and i wanted to put it back to original. The historic registration in spain takes a year...... and while waiting i have just about given up on the dutch history, so am looking for a us identity for my jeep or anywhere else which is possible.....
It is cj5 and so civillian?? but has drop down tailgate and military wheels, lots of holes in places which i have no clue to the history.
I know all old jeeps were not military routine, but am told even in canada they used cj7 for military, so what i ask to all who have a clue about giving the right colours and numbers to a vehicle is.....HELP:!:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
this is a great story on saving a steel soldier. i hope you take many pics to show i also hope some guys in the know can chim in and get this story and jeep on the road. great save Tim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks