• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ironman 30mm spacers

GuntherRommel

Steel Soldiers Supporter

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting link.

I have a base m998 and do not have a bad ride with stock tires and springs so never had the need to experiment.

I used to sell these type of products in another lifetime as cheap fixes for worn out springs and typically made the ride harsher.

I am leary of the material holding up over many many.. years as I have seen rear jounce bumpers on Chrysler and gm crumble to dust.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting link.

I have a base m998 and do not have a bad ride with stock tires and springs so never had the need to experiment.

I used to sell these type of products in another lifetime as cheap fixes for worn out springs and typically made the ride harsher.

I am leary of the material holding up over many many.. years as I have seen rear jounce bumpers on Chrysler and gm crumble to dust.

I used to do this also in another life. Yes it will lift the truck. If you are going to go as far as pulling the springs to install them you should if you has the loose cash to just buy new springs. Not sure about a 2.5" lift. Just how thick are these spaces? Just to show my age the company that made those old thicker rubber coil spring cushions was Cal Custom. LoL

Mark

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used to do this also in another life. Yes it will lift the truck. If you are going to go as far as pulling the springs to install them you should if you has the loose cash to just buy new springs. Not sure about a 2.5" lift. Just how thick are these spaces? Just to show my age the company that made those old thicker rubber coil spring cushions was Cal Custom. LoL

Mark
Yes sir, I remember those rainbow colored packages and Superior was another brand of suspension accessories I sold along the way...

GuntherRommel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do not mind being the test bed on these since they are already on the way . Will install them on the front first and report back. My M1123 has a huge 2+" rake. I watched the facebook video and he seems sincere enough but I know sales people are full of sh*t. I will say I got tracking within a hour of purchase

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Id be interested in feedback.. I have a little rake and was looking at leveling with spacers... Keep us posted.. Cant hurt for $50 clams, just some time..

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do not mind being the test bed on these since they are already on the way . Will install them on the front first and report back. My M1123 has a huge 2+" rake. I watched the facebook video and he seems sincere enough but I know sales people are full of sh*t. I will say I got tracking within a hour of purchase
Just be very careful, make sure you have the vehicle WELL supported!!

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter
May I question why? I’ve seen plenty of steel spacers go into some rigs… Is it a handling/roll issue or something else ? I’d like to hear some more info … Thx

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the hmmwv‘s suspension doesn’t articulate much, it was designed not too, at least not like conventional autos, adding spacers creates more extreme angles on the halfshafts both inboard and outboard side of the CV joint shaft, when the control arms do articulate under load, it creates binding On the CV joint, I see in the shop numerous times premature shaft failure and boots being eaten up by the rubbing created by the boot being articulated to much. If you want a lift? Use a body lift.

GuntherRommel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got called out of town but gave a set to my friend before i left, he says they work but only give you 1.25" lift. Make sense because they are only 1.25" thick. What RWH's says makes sense. Only thing i am trying to achive is a level ride , which a body lift would not fix. I need 2 " in the front onlyFullSizeR.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So a better way to reduce rake would be to add weight to back of truck?? Or shorten rear springs? Or do a progressive body lift, front to rear.. 2" front , 1" mid mounts and 0'" rear.. Just some Random Thoughts by Ocho.. 😉

GuntherRommel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These cheap things actually work, he got the other side on and it gave 2+" lift. He is going test drive it in the morning. This truck was as raked as mine. Not saying its a good idea. Im gonna do mine on Wednesday if it works out. I will report backIMG_7100.jpgIMG_7099.jpgIMG_7102.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks