• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

is 60k to many miles

Scarecrow1

I sometimes wonder about the miles and hours on these trucks . I know a little something about the( SOP )on fleet management and record keeping . For the most part I'm sure they do there best to stay on top and are truthful. But like everywhere else stuff happens and mistakes aren't caught. Numbers can be turned around , a digit dropped and so on . I use the rule of logic when I buy anything used . How does it sound, how does it look, and how it handles in general . Most of the time you can spot a problem with these simple rules. Trust me if someone wants to sell you a lemon chances are you won't know it until its to late. There are so many products on the market that are temparary fixes, they can mask a problem long enough to take your money and run . I bought a van once and everything was fine until I ran a can of cooling system cleaner through the radiator. You wouldn't believe the water fall that followed . I learned the hard way on that one. Now I rely a lot on someones reputation and how they present the item for sale as much as anything else .If its pushed to the back corner and has local critters as a long time residence ,well you know. I check out the BBB, if they have a web site I look for costomer imput , and once I called the local court house ( I had a friend there ) to see if ther was any actions being filed on the company. Its a hit and miss game out there , and the old saying buyer beware is more so than ever in theses hard times. Good luck with your purchase hope you find a winner .

BugEyeBear

Proper maintenance is MUCH more important than mileage.

There are MANY old cars & trucks out there that have been properly maintained, have PLENTY of miles on them, & still run/drive great!

There are also many relatively new cars & trucks out there that have been neglected, abused, and improperly maintained. These vehicles will prove to be expensive to own & maintain for future owners & should be avoided!

Most of my cars/trucks are 40+ years old & run/drive better than the newer cars that my neighbors drive.

Proper care is everything!!