• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is anyone running 33" tires

shortydooo222

Right now I'm running 31x10.5 I was wondering if anyone is running 33" tires and if so what lift kit they used if any. And maybe some pics so I could see how it looks. I was thinking a 2" lift with wrangler silent armor 33" tires

zaxcucv

I put wrangler duratrac 33x12.5's on and I did get rubbing at full lock on the fenders. I put a 2 inch lift on the car from ORD(2.5 in back) and no more rubbing. My car was not sagging excessively before either.

zaxcucv

Did those 33's fit on the stock rim?
Come to think of it, I never put them on stock rims, I put mine on procomp 15x8 rims, and they may have a different offset, so mine rubbed while others here do not. It is not an apples to apples comparison....sorry. But they fit the stock rims, stock rims are 8 inch.

shortydooo222

Alright a lot of good info, I'm looking at the rough country 2", that's new leafs in the front new shocks all around and blocks in the back has anyone used this lift kit, and if not is it a bad idea to pelace the front leafs and not the rears

MatthewH

When I had my M1009, I ran 34x9.50x15 off brand Mud Terrains, and they never rubbed, no matter how high I jumped it or wheeled it. No lift kit either.

Alright a lot of good info, I'm looking at the rough country 2", that's new leafs in the front new shocks all around and blocks in the back has anyone used this lift kit, and if not is it a bad idea to pelace the front leafs and not the rears
I had the EXACT kit on my 1009 with Firestone Destination M/T 33x12.5x15 with the stock wheels. Look at my picture albums in my profile and you will see what your 1009 would potentially look like.

Last edited:

BIG_RED

I'm on 33X10.5R15 BFG TA/KO's with no lift and stock rims. I got it to rub once, as I bottomed out with the wheel cranked :p zero rubbing during off-roading or street driving. Flying off the highway into a field that was much further below the road level than I originally thought - it rubbed a bit :cookoo: Couldn't believe I didn't break my front axle/neck. Will never try that again.

cucv1833

Im running 33-12.5-15 alterrains on 15x10 rims with a 2.5" superlift. No problems no rubbing when flexing. I bought the lift used and was running stock tires.

Now wished I had a 4" ORD Shackle flip kit. But the 2.5" is plenty Pics in my sig thread.

shortydooo222

I had the EXACT kit on my 1009 with Firestone Destination M/T 33x12.5x15 with the stock wheels. Look at my picture albums in my profile and you will see what your 1009 would potentially look like.

That looks really nice not too much not little have you had any problems with the u joints I heard that even a two in lift can affect the geometry and you'll go through them fast

That looks really nice not too much not little have you had any problems with the u joints I heard that even a two in lift can affect the geometry and you'll go through them fast
I only put 5,000+ miles on it since the lift but I didn't have any issues at all. No binding or clunking or anything. My 1028 has a 4 inch lift and the u joints are fine. No issues with them either...:driver: