• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

is it safe to pull a M348A2 with a deuce?

Stan

Nice looking trailer. Might want to bring a crank for the landing gear. There should be two, one each stored on that cross brace for the landing gear.

rwbrown72

I wish I had found this thread earlier. I just won the trailer and am now trying to find a way to get it home. The bobbed deuce will not be making the trip. Any ideas would be helpful. I plan on getting a tractor later, but for now I just need to get the thing home and park it. I will be using it for storage until the tractor arrives later in the year. If anyone has an 818 and wants to make the trip, I will work something out with them. Thanks.

RWB

P.S. The trip is 375 miles according to google maps. Let me know what you guys think.

rwbrown72

OK.... So one more question: What do you guys think about pulling this thing locally with a M275 tractor? I do not do any long distance stuff (Always less than 100 miles from home) and I am never in a hurry. It is also pretty flat here in Southern Illinois. My thoughts are this: M275 weighs 12-13,000 lbs, trailer is 8k empty.... therefore I could legally haul 5 to 6k without getting into the combined weight of <26,000lbs... no CDL required. Am I crazy with this thought or what?

If not, who has a M275 for sale?