• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is it the M Gator?

BadRobot

IMG_0525.jpgIMG_0587.jpgIMG_0586.jpg

I have to change all of plastic body (hood, fenders) parts. Is there any easy way to replace them without remove the cab?

Last edited:

BadRobot

These are just a couple of M Gator pictures (in case someone wonder what it looks like). I used these as a reference when I restored mine.

1.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg9.jpg10.jpg11.jpg12.jpg13.jpg14.jpg15.jpg15.jpg16.jpg17.jpg18.jpg19.jpg20.jpg21.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

BadRobot

Started up the engine the first time today.

https://youtu.be/H6WMNGpmhSo

Costs $2,229.70 until today. She is a runner.

Most expensive parts will be plastic body parts. I am not sure that I will replace them at this time. I may do plastic welding on the plastic body parts. If it does not work out, then I will replace them at that time.

Last edited:

BadRobot

My front left tire had no air and I could not inflate it since the tire was out of the bead. So I had to remove the wheel/tire. Then I discovered this.

IMG_0622.jpg

My initial thought was the mechanic wanted to wider the track. Then I put it the wheel back without washers but the rim contacted the steering end rod so I have to put washers back (for now) until I can find new front rims/tires.

IMG_0627.jpg

The middle tires do not touch the ground after I inflated tires to 5 PSI. Then I checked tire size. The front tires are the same size as back tires,
25x13.00-9. That answered my suspicious. Now I have to look for 2 new front wheels/tires.

Last edited:

BadRobot

She got some stitches on her hood and fenders.

I plan to use plastic welder to weld it, cut zip-ties on the outsides and sand smooth. Then use Raptor bedliner to spray underneath (since I have to spray it on the bed anyway). If it holds up well, I might do on the outsides as well.

IMG_0654.jpgIMG_0661.jpgIMG_0659.jpgIMG_0660.jpg

The plastic body parts are quite expensive. The entire set costs around $900.

BadRobot

Plastic welded the hood and fenders.

Before:

IMG_0714.jpg

After:

IMG_0715.jpg

Before:

IMG_0717.jpg

After:

IMG_0719.jpg

Before:

IMG_0659.jpg

After:

IMG_0720.jpg

I will sand it down, Bondo to smooth the outside. I will either repair it or plastic wrap. The inside will be spray with Raptor bed liner.

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My front left tire had no air and I could not inflate it since the tire was out of the bead. So I had to remove the wheel/tire. Then I discovered this.

View attachment 753896

My initial thought was the mechanic wanted to wider the track. Then I put it the wheel back without washers but the rim contacted the steering end rod so I have to put washers back (for now) until I can find new front rims/tires.

View attachment 753897

The middle tires do not touch the ground after I inflated tires to 5 PSI. Then I checked tire size. The front tires are the same size as back tires,
25x13.00-9. That answered my suspicious. Now I have to look for 2 new front wheels/tires.
Amazon has them pretty reasonable.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks