• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is it worth it????

commandojd

I purchased a m35a2 truck a few months ago and I have been considering having a full restoration done to it....such as complete sandblasting, new paint job, new undercoating....and stuff around those lines. I currently have just shy of $4000 into the truck and the restoration will be around $4500. My question is: Would a restoration like this be a good investment given how much money will be put into this project? I dont really know the going prices on restored trucks like this.
thanks

markmontana

I purchased a m35a2 truck a few months ago and I have been considering having a full restoration done to it....such as complete sandblasting, new paint job, new undercoating....and stuff around those lines. I currently have just shy of $4000 into the truck and the restoration will be around $4500. My question is: Would a restoration like this be a good investment given how much money will be put into this project? I dont really know the going prices on restored trucks like this.
thanks
My opinion is that an $8500 truck will not be a good investment. But you might really enjoy it yourself.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The bottom line is that it is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it once you get it done.

Ask anyone that has done a complete restoration on an old car if they got back what they put into it.

In most cases the answer is no.

M1031CMT

The bottom line is that it is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it once you get it done.

Ask anyone that has done a complete restoration on an old car if they got back what they put into it.

In most cases the answer is no.
Fully agree.

I have restored more than a few military vehicles and unless it is something pretty rare or something I intend on keeping for a long time, I am finished doing full restorations. Is not worth it for me, as I have never gotten back close to what I put in them.

It really depends on what you are going to do with it. If you intend on keeping it for a long time it might be worth it to you. Some people have spent tens of thousands of dollars on their deuces and are happy having done it. Others not so.

But if you intend on selling it soon after, I wouldn't expect you to get all your money back.

The question is really: is it worth it for you?

commandojd

Thanks for the info....Im still stuck on whether or not I should do the restoration or not.......but I would like to see my truck come back to life just as it looked when it came off the assembly line. Plus the main reason I am wanting it sandblasted is because their is rust everywher on the thing...but I guess it dont matter much on these trucks :)

commandojd

Fully agree.

I have restored more than a few military vehicles and unless it is something pretty rare or something I intend on keeping for a long time, I am finished doing full restorations. Is not worth it for me, as I have never gotten back close to what I put in them.

It really depends on what you are going to do with it. If you intend on keeping it for a long time it might be worth it to you. Some people have spent tens of thousands of dollars on their deuces and are happy having done it. Others not so.

But if you intend on selling it soon after, I wouldn't expect you to get all your money back.

The question is really: is it worth it for you?

True, but in the long run do you think any body would pay for a restored truck like this? is $8500 a good deal on a restored deuce?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
True, but in the long run do you think any body would pay for a restored truck like this? is $8500 a good deal on a restored deuce?
Look at how crazy the A2 prices have been on GL lately. (and they are unknowns)

M1031CMT

I have seen people pay $8,500 for a non restored truck before.

I have also seen a lot of people refuse to pay more than $3,000 for one too.

Like wreckerman said, it depends on the buyer. Is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay.

I would recommend only doing it if you intend on keeping it for a while. They might sell for a lot later on, and they might also sell for a lot less. Never know what the future will bring. Not everyone can afford to fill the fuel tank on these trucks and I hate to see what the price of fuel will be in 2-5 years from now.

Though for $8,500, I can also buy one nice M35A3 at the moment.

If you have the money and the will then go for it. I am sure you will have a nice truck in the end.

ryan77

You also have to think every time you drive it it will get dirty! When i had my Harley i gave up trying to keep it clean and would just ride it hard and put it away wet some guys would spend 8 hrs after ridding cleaning it with a rag. With your truck fix the mechanical so its reliable and paint it, And drive it!!!:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks