• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is my 1097A2 running hot?

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The gauges are notoriously inaccurate. Use it as a reference, but not as a specific temp.

You should take a laser thermometer and check temp of things like hoses and the block next to the temp sensor to get a better idea of what it's actually doing, then come back on here and we can try to narrow down what specifically is wrong.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thermostat shows 220. It takes a while to get there but stays steady. Is that too hot? I'm used to "normal" being in the middle of the guage! I also have an auxiliary radiator (a smaller silver radiator on top of the original black radiator)... not sure if that makes a difference.
Please post pictures of your radiator setup.

DREDnot

To answer your question, If your gauge is reading accurately 220 is normal. If you can run around all day and that needle stays right there you are fine. The fan switch ideally comes on at 230. and cools down from there. Normal cars do place "normal" in the center of the gauge...these arent normal cars though. Im not a fan of the way these read either.

I second the advice to get an IR temp gun and check the temperature around the thermostat housing, upper and lower hoses and the block adjacent to the temperature sender on the block under the generator and compare those readings to the gauge

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thermostat shows 220. It takes a while to get there but stays steady. Is that too hot? I'm used to "normal" being in the middle of the guage! I also have an auxiliary radiator (a smaller silver radiator on top of the original black radiator)... not sure if that makes a difference.
When you say "auxiliary" radiator, could you be talking about the engine oil and transmission cooler?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks