• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is my bed worth anything ?

strosfla

I'm putting a Deuce bed and shortening the frame on my M54. I checked with a couple scrap yards about taking the old one and all they offered was " uhhhhhhhhh bring it by". If they're not going to offer much I'd let someone come down here and HAVE it for the actual effort of removing it off the frame. It doesn't have a tailgate, has a little dent in the RR corner and only surface rust. The major issue is just lifting it off the frame. Another option is cutting the bad boy up but besides the amount of gas I'd go through, it seems like a waste if someone might have a use for it. Figured someone is going to need a boom or an coordinated slide on effort on to a flat bed. Just putting it out there, figured I'd offer it to the members, been getting some good info here for the Double Deuce :-D. BTW I'm in Fort Lauderdale, just off I95 near downtown.............

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does the truck run? I have the M108 at home and can help remove it if thats any help.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you were to bring it to Loxahatchee, I could pull it and load it on whoever would be picking it up if you find a taker. I don't have a need for it myself.

strosfla

OK just confirmed no "Metal" scrap yards around Ft Lauderdale with take my bed(they have 10T minimums). So if I get no response here, I'll do the Craigslist thing...if nothing...then firing up the torches :cry: Seems like such a waste.......

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Strosfla,

I have a tanker in Davie that is awaiting pickup.

I hope whoever delivers Kennys dumper will go on down to Davie and get it.

If Kenny will help you pull the bed and hold it until someone picks up my tanker I'll have the driver snag it on the way back.

Scrap is in the crapper now so it prob would bring what your time is worth to cut it up and haul it.

Let me know.

Richard

lavarok

I could drive down and take the bed from Kenny's if wreckerman taking it doesn't work out. I'll drive my winch truck down.

strosfla

K ....whatever we workout....first interest, then if that doesnt work next..... I'm gone June 30 till July 1st or 2nd..back on shift July 7......so start PMing and let's figure something out.....

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
However you folks work this out is OK for me. I can remove it, sling to another truck or whatever you guys need. I can also sit on it for a while but be warned, I'll have to cover it with palm frons to hide it from me wife!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks