• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is Smoking Bad for You?

MrAugust

i have a 69 reo with non whistle on it, she duz around 16 to gallon n speed on m way ov 65 mph..... but you know it, i have a nice drive train of smoke under load, but generaly none at all..... so i put 2 stroke oil for the effect of smoke... to go with the noise..... any objections....

houdel

�ken� said:
Lee, what color is your smoke? White/gray is unburnt fuel. Black is burn't carbon. And blue is oil. When we set up a ship's engine we look for black under acceleration only. If your black while cruising, you've gone too far. If it's gray/white before the engine is warm then maybe you have a dribbling injector? But after you get your gages installed you'll be able to tune it in.
It is black smoke. A very slight haze at idle, light but noticeable smoke accelerating up through the gears. Not belching big clouds of thick black smoke, but enough to easily see. As far as I can tell, it does not smoke once I get it up to speed though.

Did finally get the pyro working, on a quick check working hard up a fairly long steep hill I got up to about 1150-1200 degrees after turning up the fuel a little more. I'll check it more closely when I get some more time, I my just turn the fuel back some. I'm running empty most of the time, no sense pushing the limit for a hobby truck. For my use, about 1100 degrees max seems sensible to me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks