• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

is that a bug out truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleptomaniac

I get people asking me what I do with my trucks. I give them a weird look and say what ever I want! That usually gets them thinking about all the things they could use one for.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok but i just wanted to know if any one asked if your truck was. Plus there's a show called doomsday preppers thete building bunkers and got guns out the A%# people should worry about them not us.
I understand completely, I also know that I posted a thread on Doomsday Preppers and that thread is closed as well.

If anyone asks I just tell them I do whatever I want to with my trucks. Sometimes someone will ask about it being a bug out vehicle. I rarely get the question since there are not that many people who even know what it means.

Sigh.......

Skinny

When people say something with regards of my M1031 being a doomsday truck, I usually tell them I certainly won't feel bad when everything is being destroyed around us...I come home to take a hot shower and then reach in the fridge for an ice cold beer. I don't want to be uncomfortable when the "SHTF";)

erixun

The number one question I get asked is "But what are you going to do with it?" I usually respond with "I am just going to have it, it is like a big four wheeler to me" and then ask them why people spend $12,000.00 on a boat that they use only 4 times a year driving around in circles in a lake?!?!? Even still most people still do not understand the concept, or get that it has a million uses. The only one that counts is supplying my face with a grin though.

Flyingvan911

I've never had anyone ask about my deuce being a bug out truck. Just some long conversations about how I got it and how much fun it is. I would have said, "When the Build-A-Bears invade, you'll thank God I have this truck." I know a girl who has 91.

Attachments

jaymcb

I've been asked, and my usual comment is, no way, that would be totally impractical...it's too big/bad on gas/uncomfortable/limited seating or some other 'throw-em off the scent' comment.

Then I make some comment about it being a parade queen, and it usually ends up with 'can I have a ride in it some time'. Subject changed.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was asked one time when I was at the gas station, while I was putting diesel in the tank, the guy on the same island as me asked me "Are you in the militia or something?" I stared at him blankly for a moment to let his dumbass comment sink into his brain and I replied, "Do you ask stupid questions for a living, or is it just a hobby for you?" He shut up and went back to filling up his Honda.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When asked the "question", I reply that it is my drive around town truck to look pretty in. When I get the question "why did you buy THAT" I answer with "In a moment of weakness"..................:cookoo::cookoo: :mrgreen:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To the original poster.

You asked a basic question, which was okay.

Then you moved on to the prepper stuff. NOT OKAY.

This thread is being closed just like all the other zombie, prepper, xyz threads.

They are not allowed here. To many other websites for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.