• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is the humvee transfer case an open transfer case?

thoner7

Yes I saw that disc brake at the wheels conversion on YouTube, done by Midwest military equip. But I didn't find any info on their site about parts or anything.

The Tesla trans is a 9.73:1 stock. I did see a new gear set that'll take it down to 4.5:1 but, I haven't been able to find out if that'll also cut your torque output in half.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If they aren't changing the motor, then cutting the transmission output gearing in half will also half the torque, but double your top speed.
But if you were looking at trying to go to a 1:1 differential using the 9.73:1, then going to the 4.5:1 with a 4.88:1 rear end will be basically the same output torque/speed at the wheels.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks