• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is the transfer case from a M342 the same as an M35?

dma251

I have posted for sale ads for the engine/transmission and transfer case from an M342 Dump truck over in the classified section of Steel Soldiers.

I got a call today from an interested party about the transfer case asking if it was the same as what is in an M35 Deuce.

Anyone have an answer to that question?

acetomatoco

M35 would have a sprag type case, and M342 would have the same, most likely. However all of them are subject to having been updated with air shift xfer cases. However, I just looked in My Ord 9 SNL G742 and found Transfer double sprag T-136-1, Transfer single sprag T-136, Transfer T-136-3 supersedes T-136-1, Transfer T-136-10 supersedes T-136-3. But I believe they are all interchangeable among all the non air shift trucks. Got to go to newer 34Ps to find air shift variants... To answer your initial question, it is just a matter of air shift or non air shift for fit and operation with the T-136-10 being the newest variation of the sprag type as of January 1955.

acetomatoco

Further, from Bob Kettler's parts book of 1995 (RIP) Airshift xfer case is T-136-27 and latest sprag type was T-136-21.

houdel

I think Ace said "Yes", the only qualifier being whether you are talking sprag or non sprag, otherwise interchangeable.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter

dma251

RE: Re: RE: Is the transfer case from a M342 the same as an

Yup - it's a big pile of parts now.

The axles are all sold, the engine, transmission, pto, transfercase, and hardtop are all listed for sale here.

If anyone wants any of the minor cab parts (doors, dash/gauges, windshields, etc) let me know quick....

Otherwise, it's off to the recycler with the mess of it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks