• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is there a bobbed deuce camper conversion you know of???

broadsword71

Bobbed deuce camper conversion. Has it been done? Any pics?

I was thinking about doing a unimog camper because of the shorter wheel base and it's nice and lite. I am in the process of bobbing my M35 and thought...I wonder if anyone has ever did a bobber/rv conversion.

If I did it I would for sure have an over cab sleeping quarters. I think I would build it with the capability of removing it. Yes...kinda like a truck camper but flat across the deck as there is no flaring needed to clear wheel wells. But I would have a small L ledge over top of bed rails to assist with stability. Perhaps quick disconnect drop down legs to remove. Same principal we've all scene the truck campers.

I have no plans for this in the immediate future, but I would enjoy the build and versatility of the deuce.

Last edited:

Awesome Possum

If I'd had the money I'd have put an 8-10 foot truck sleeper on mine. You can register them as RV's and pay a lot less in insurance and registration, and live without much of the city parking regs.

canadian guy

check mine out

Bobbed deuce camper conversion. Has it been done? Any pics?

I was thinking about doing a unimog camper because of the shorter wheel base and it's nice and lite. I am in the process of bobbing my M35 and thought...I wonder if anyone has ever did a bobber/rv conversion.

If I did it I would for sure have an over cab sleeping quarters. I think I would build it with the capability of removing it. Yes...kinda like a truck camper but flat across the deck as there is no flaring needed to clear wheel wells. But I would have a small L ledge over top of bed rails to assist with stability. Perhaps quick disconnect drop down legs to remove. Same principal we've all scene the truck campers.

I have no plans for this in the immediate future, but I would enjoy the build and versatility of the deuce.
Have you gone to my profile and seen mine? At first I did have an 11.5 ft truck camper but did not like that. Now on page 4 of just a Newby saying hello thread you'l'll see what set up I've come up with...I'm pretty much finished now after redoing all the inside of the camper and might be interested in selling in the near future to start a bigger one with a Bedford. What I like about the bobbed with that kind of camper is the fact that it's a big work pick up also....cheers