• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is there a way to trace a HMMWV back to where is was deployed by the serial number?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pisquinii

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello,

Is there a way to trace a HMMWV back to where is was deployed by the serial number? I am curious where my HMMWV was before it went to the auction block....lol

Any have any info on how to find this out?

Thank you in advance...

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That thread will tell you the LAST unit your truck was assigned to. It could have been assigned to dozens of units before that and been deployed all over the globe in any conflict or base location since it was made.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That thread will tell you the LAST unit your truck was assigned to. It could have been assigned to dozens of units before that and been deployed all over the globe in any conflict or base location since it was made.
Yes, just need to clarify. The information in the system is the last unit that had it on it's property book. Sometimes this turns out to be National Guard/Reserve maintenance or "fleet use" or long term storage. The other way is to physically , VERY LIGHTLY, sand through the bumper number paint to see what you can find.

Pisquinii

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, just need to clarify. The information in the system is the last unit that had it on it's property book. Sometimes this turns out to be National Guard/Reserve maintenance or "fleet use" or long term storage. The other way is to physically , VERY LIGHTLY, sand through the bumper number paint to see what you can find.
It is a M1037 with 7k mil. and no wear and tear on it. Very clean short of some rubber dry rot and electrical issues cause the light, blinker and trailer stuff was cut off, I would believe it was kept in doors for most of it's life.

Shelter is gone.

When you say lightly sand the bumper, are you taking about the front little bumper or the back Air lift bumper and where should I look.

It looks like the guy who checks the numbers is still on holiday I will wait for the re-post, I'd like to give him as many numbers as I can.

Thanks for the help!

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a M1037 with 7k mil. and no wear and tear on it. Very clean short of some rubber dry rot and electrical issues cause the light, blinker and trailer stuff was cut off, I would believe it was kept in doors for most of it's life.

Shelter is gone.

When you say lightly sand the bumper, are you taking about the front little bumper or the back Air lift bumper and where should I look.

It looks like the guy who checks the numbers is still on holiday I will wait for the re-post, I'd like to give him as many numbers as I can.

Thanks for the help!
bikeman is "The Guy" that does the VIN info thread.

Pisquinii

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OMG...lol I didn't realize Bikeman was the guy that does the look ups...I am sorry. So Bikeman should I post my info on the existing thread or wait to you start new one?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 2017 thread is closed.

You can't post on it.

Pisquinii

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can ya let me know when you open the 2018 VIN look up please...Thank you

2wheels70

All I have is what my dmv used as a VIN which I take it is my production number
Will that number be enough to tell me anything about my m998 once a new thread starts?

commofreq

Can't wait for the 2018 thread to start. I just picked up an M998, and it's been beat to **** and back. If I had to guess, I'd say it came from 4th ID (unit designation is illegible on the bumpers).

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks