• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is there anyone doing the VIN searches anymore?

CanadianAR

Looking to get deployment and usage history of my truck. I’ve read past threads and seems like possibly both guys who were , don’t do it anymore. I don’t want to be the dick who PMs them against their wishes.

I would even pay for said service if it exists.
Thanks guys

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Looking to get deployment and usage history of my truck. I’ve read past threads and seems like possibly both guys who were , don’t do it anymore. I don’t want to be the dick who PMs them against their wishes.

I would even pay for said service if it exists.
Thanks guys
Don't be too disappointed with whatever you might get back on a FOIA request. The most you might get is where the truck was last - maybe. It isn't like they will send you old maintenance records that were most likely destroyed when the vehicle is pulled from service for disposal.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Mine is just an army one. Will this still work?

im not expecting much. Would like to know it’s last use maybe or maybe it’s first use. I’m happy with any amount of into.
Yes Sir. Just remembering that is is the government and they work at "government speed". Be sure that you be as detailed as possible with your online form. Link is above, but https://www.foiaonline.gov is the starting point.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes Sir. Just remembering that is is the government and they work at "government speed". Be sure that you be as detailed as possible with your online form. Link is above, but https://www.foiaonline.gov is the starting point.
Nether Firefox or Chrome will open that link, and nether will allow exceptions

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Nether Firefox or Chrome will open that link, and nether will allow exceptions
Invalid certificate. If you know how, you can bypass that. Chances are that it is the "P" portion of their certificate hasn't been renewed or was improperly applied. That is the part of the httP in the url and the only way you can pay for the request. Eventually - at government speed - they will fix it.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I’m pretty sure the hood was swapped….and the back have that nasty black army paint over them, then tan from gov planet or whoever
Sometimes a pressure washer will do it.

Depending on how long the rattlecan black was painted on your truck. Or some 400 or 800 grit sand paper slowly with a flat wooden black may reveal the under numbers. AND if you can supply those numbers on a FOIA request, you will have a better chance for a good answer.

CanadianAR

Sometimes a pressure washer will do it.

Depending on how long the rattlecan black was painted on your truck. Or some 400 or 800 grit sand paper slowly with a flat wooden black may reveal the under numbers. AND if you can supply those numbers on a FOIA request, you will have a better chance for a good answer.
Thanks, it’s out at a tv filming at the moment so when it’s home maybe I’ll try sanding again. Paint has been on several years.

Will I be allowed as I am Canadian?

i think I’d need DLA as it’s Army?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As far as I know gov planet does nothing but take pictures, I doubt they invest in paint, this is not the first time I have seen reference to gov planet supposedly painting vehicles.

CanadianAR

As far as I know gov planet does nothing but take pictures, I doubt they invest in paint, this is not the first time I have seen reference to gov planet supposedly painting vehicles.
I was told that they may “colour” over the black paint. Maybe it isn’t them and is some reseller, no idea. But someone covered them in a nasty black that I can’t strip. And then crappy tan on top.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks