• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

is this a good deal getting frustrated

mattyboy

Went to buy a duece today and was very bummed out when we got there after1 hour drive . Stuggled to start was told was a whistler WAS NOT was told was turnkey . No brakes lights, turnsognals. Only one gauge working . Asking price3k with M105 for Bob parts. Walked away mad as helll . Found another truck about an hour u away. Already singled out and looking much better asking price4200 . I offered my 3 cash and was laughed at I can realistically go up to 3700 is it worth it. Attached is a CL LINK. Any imput or moral support in my quest appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:

islandguydon

1st off I would use the spell check feature before the Dog gets a chance to chastise you for your post. I would go no more than $3,500 for the CL truck..Give the guy your number in todays economy I am sure you will get a call to come pick it up and drive it home.:driver:
Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

steelandcanvas

You didn't read the rules, did you?

• Do NOT post links to current eBay auctions or Craig's List ads that are not your own. You may post a link to your own auction/ad only if it is in an information/discussion thread about you vehicle/item. Do not start a post in the Conversations forum or your vehicle specific forum just to announce your auction/ad.

Last edited:

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would that be the wheeler dealer off RT 98 in Elba would it by chance ? If you are looking for a MV you should PM me . I can hook you up with the local MVPA group , save you a LOT of stress , bobk:grd:

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went to buy a duece today and was very bummed out when we got there after1 hour drive . Stuggled to start was told was a whistler WAS NOT was told was turnkey . No brakes lights, turnsognals. Only one gauge working . Asking price3k with M105 for Bob parts. Walked away mad as helll . Found another truck about an hour u away. Already singled out and looking much better asking price4200 . I offered my 3 cash and was laughed at I can realistically go up to 3700 is it worth it. Attached is a CL LINK. Any imput or moral support in my quest appreciated

The truck does not have a title. The owner needs to take his paperwork and get it done.
For me no title means "parts truck".

SteveKuhn

A 'good deal' has less to do with price than it does with cost -- say 6 - 12 months out.

There's a boatload of threads for prospective buyers on SS. They are positively chocked full of posts from newcomers and experienced people. It would be a good exercise to read through them. Almost every one says, "Make sure it has a title." You'll get a good handle on what makes a 'good deal' all on your own.

Here's one thread as an example:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/conversations/90811-so-you-want-mil-truck-here-what-they-cost.html

Don't know where you are in NY, but around here if I had $3700 tops for budget, I'd expect to be spending quite a bit on repairs and refurbishing if I got my money's worth.

For $6K around here, I'd expect to get a respectable truck that might need work once I started to drive it around.

As wiser people here have said: "Ask me how I know that."

Steve

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The truck does not have a title. The owner needs to take his paperwork and get it done.
For me no title means "parts truck".

Plus IMO $4200.00 seems a little high for that truck, I think members on here can help you out with a truck purchase.

3twelve

To find a "good" truck in ny for less than $4500-$5000 is hard. I looked for 2+ years and nothing. I looked for along time befor I found mine and though that what I paid was a good price. It is hard to find a 10 y/o truck that is not rusted here so a 40 y/o truck that is not rusted to crap is impossible.