• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this a HMMWV motor?

DoctorCheney223

Hi Folks,

Does motor in the auction appear to be for a HUMMWV? It's from AM General and looks just like one but I don't want to assume anything.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Chief_919

Yes.

It is a naturally aspirated 6.5L set up for the serpantine belt drive found on M998A2's

The GEP 6.5's are the best of the best of the 6.2/6.5 family. The blocks are cast by Navistar for them.

If that one was closer I would be all over it.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When viewing the listings, if you press "more info" it will tell you the end item most of the time. Thanks for posting this, it is apparent now why it is against SS rules to do so, I would have never known to bid on this gem but will be now!

gunchief113

re: hmmwv engine

I would check that one out before buying. It has a green turn-in tag, used when the item is unserviceable. Think green, as in "gotta go!" Just my 2cents.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Yeah, I saw the same thing, looks like it was a dud rebuild, notice the fuel hose in the pic with the bolt and hose clamp to stop fuel from leaking in to the container. . .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks