• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

is this a mack?

sandcobra164

No way to tell that I can see. The Mack does have a passenger side fender mounted air cleaner but so do the LDS-465 trucks in the M39 series. Macks are actually pretty rare in my research but they are great motors in my opinion. Perhaps AMGeneral can enlighten us but I see nothing definitive on that being a Mack powered truck. Now if you posted a pic of the motor from the top, the Turbo would give it away pretty quickly as the LDS mounted the turbo below the exhaust manifold, the Mack held it up high and proud!!! Post a top down motor shot and I could figure it out.

AMGeneral

Impossible to tell,the air cleaner assmy has definetly been changed to one off a 800 series truck. As Joe said,get a few pictures of the engine for a positive ID.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nope, It's a dumptruck. :doghead:

vtdeucedriver

Wow if that's a Mack or a multi, it must have a maze of a intake under the hood. My guess is a old gasser with a vertical stack.

vtdeucedriver

My local VFD has a 5 ton with the 673 engine. It has the same air filter setup as the multi in their other truck.
Yes they both have the same cannister Assy. If you note on those trucks the air intake tube goes in towards the front of the side panel and then it will make the turn to the turbo inlet. The truck pictured here has a 800 series with it's intake tube going in towards the engine at the back of the panel. This would mimic where the intake is on the 6602. If this was a multi or Mack, They should have mounted the can the other way around. To make this work there has to be some fancy duct work under that hood.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks